Confirmed Trade: [DET/PHI] Petr Mrazek (50% retained) for 2018 cndl 4th round pick and 2019 cndl 3rd round pick

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
See LOVES the **** team he built backs his every move. Can't question Kenny at all!! If you do must not be a Wings fan bla bla bla. Funny ever think the kids just screwed Kenny over? The kid called him out and Kenny did not like hung him out to dry. The kid said **** it why try for him and the lack of a team. Went to a okay team not even a good team and is working out just fine.

I don't mean to interrupt your red wings fan fight, but I'd hardly call the top team in the metro an 'ok' team. Leave us out of your little sibling rivalry you have going on.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm assuming the Flyers are going to qualify him as a RFA after this season if he continues his good play?

Probably try to talk him into something below how QO, but with a little term, like a 3x 3.5 or something. We don't really need him much past that. If he carries us dapper in to the playoffs, the QO route may work though.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Holy revisionism... Did you only start paying attention at the beginning of this season? Your whole post is a steaming pile of bull****.

Mrazek was the starter for the end of 14-15 and those playoffs, and then started the next year as #1A, while Howard was #1B. Howard NEVER got consecutive starts from the beginning of that season to when he got pulled a couple times December and they decided to ride Mrazek. In that same time period Mrazek got at least 2 consecutive starts on three occasions.

Mrazek pretty much made Howard an afterthought between the end of December 2015 and mid February 2016. Then he started dumping the bed hard around 2/15/16. Never the less, they still rode him into March until he dropped the ball so hard they went back to Howard to end the year. Then it only took less than 2 games for them to put Petr back in as #1 for the rest of the playoffs.

Mrazek then got his big raise and started 16-17 as the #1. In November Mrazek went back to playing like he did to end 15-16, so Howard started to get the edge, but it was still more of a #1A/#1B type deal. Howard then missed 38 games in the span of 3 months, giving Mrazek no one but a guy with NO NHL EXPERIENCE to "look over his shoulder" and Petr STILL couldn't hang onto the starting job. Even when Howard returned from injury, they alternated starts for the rest of the year with neither getting consecutive starts.

It wasn't until this current season that Mrazek "didn't get a chance", and that came after a disaster of a WC appearance, and a lackluster pre-season. His starts from October to December didn't exactly do much to put any faith in him either.

Maybe if Petr wasn't a petulant child and focused on improving his game instead of being worried about big bad Jimmy taking his job, he would've done a better job in the MULTIPLE opportunities he had to lock down the #1 job.

LOL "Red Wings never fully committed to Mrazek".... THEY LET GO OF A 20 YEAR TENURED GOALIE COACH TO BRING UP THE ONE FROM GR THAT PETR WAS COMFORTABLE WITH TO HELP HIM IMPROVE HIS DISASTROUS END TO 15-16.

If you want to cast stones over how they used him in 17-18, fine... but saying they "butchered" his "last two years" is a complete fabrication.

I broke down the starts per month for Mrazek vs Howard vs Coreau with SV% from Jan 2016 to the when the trade happened in the trade thread on the RW board. If you're still confused about all the times Mrazek had opportunities to lock down the #1 job, I'll be happy to post it in here too.

Holy moly what a dumb post...
Other than the petty shots this is an accurate description of what happened.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
LOL. This is completely false. Please source Petr "calling out" Kenny. I'll wait... Probably the stupidest Petr conspiracy theory made on here. LMAO

Might be time to take the tinfoil hat off and just stick to NHL18....

You're the one who makes up utter bullshit about "being a petulant child" and resorts to the asinine "this ain't NHL18" argument.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
We also know Howard is probably gone in a year too, so what's the point?

Again, more than enough evidence out that points to Petr being difficult to deal with off the ice. But you don't want to shut NHL18 off long enough to hear it.

How long was it going to take to find out what was/is? He had 166 NHL games under his belt and was one season away from potentially becoming a UFA. Other goalies from his draft alone have come close to starting and have been waived and sent back to the AHL in half as many games. We wait till he's 30? Sign him long term so you can whine about his bad contract and NTC in a couple years like you do about every other Red Wing over 27YO?

My point is that you make up bullshit.
There's no "petulant child" thing with Mrazek.
He's come out after drubbing and answered the questions without blaming it on his team. He's talked about trying to do make the most of his opportunities.
The only thing anyone can put on him is that he didn't stick around and practice "after practice" that time when Blashill started the NCAA goalie over Mrazek in the game at Ottawa (Coreau is from the Ottawa area and Mrazek played his junior hockey there."

It was that stretch of the season that killed Mrazek.

From Dec. 9 to Jan 12 he went 1-6-1 with an .855 sv percentage and a 4.01 GAA.
Before that he was 8-5-3, .908, 2.83
After that he was 9-10-5, .907, 2.91
Hardly good. But that middle stretch killed him.

Anyway. Good for Petr.
Good for Tatar.

They're playing for good hockey teams now.

We're watching a shithole team, coached by a shithole coach and managed by a shithole GM.
Our arena is 1/2 empty most nights. And 85 percent of the games are unwatchable.

All while the so-called "fans" tell us how smart Holland is.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
You're the one who makes up utter bull**** about "being a petulant child" and resorts to the asinine "this ain't NHL18" argument.

Lol. This is rich coming from the guy whose ridiculous threads/posts get a bunch of eyerolls or locked on the RW board.:laugh:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Talk about bull****.
"Petulant child?"

What a load of ****.

It's funny that people criticize Mrazek for being a headcase.

That's always been Howard's problem -I'd say until the last 2 years.
He can't close out a series. He gets all Steve Sax in the shootout and lets it take him right out of his game.

At the end of the day there are two kinds of goalies.
The goalies who face pressure and get better.
The goalies who burn in the face of pressure.

We don't know what Mrazek is.

We know what Howard is. A run of the mill starter who never shout have got that long deal from Holland.

We know what Mrazek was in Detroit an inconsistant goalie who couldn't hold onto the starting job cause of the way he played. Hasek one game and Essensa the next 5.

I want him to do well in Philly so Detroit can get better picks from them.

Detroit did not make a mistake getting rid of him and it won't be a mistake to trade Howard next season.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I don't mean to interrupt your red wings fan fight, but I'd hardly call the top team in the metro an 'ok' team. Leave us out of your little sibling rivalry you have going on.

Regardless of what the regular season standings say Philly isn't in the same weight class as Pit, TB or BOS.

However Philly is a good team more than okay for sure but not a legitimate contender.

Reactions: CanuckistanFlyerfan

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
What in the actual f*** is going on in here? If the Flyers win with Mrazek the Flyers win, if the Flyers win with Mrazek the Red Wings win. Please god stop arguing over nonsense, he's only 26 years old, lots of goalies take a lot of time to develop.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Some people need to stop acting like Kenny traded away a elite goalie after just 3 games, especially since we all know how streaky Mrazek is known to be, so perhaps save the "see I was right all along, f*** Holland" BS untill we've seen him show enough consistency to steal a starters job.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Regardless of what the regular season standings say Philly isn't in the same weight class as Pit, TB or BOS.

However Philly is a good team more than okay for sure but not a legitimate contender.

Right. I was taking issue with 'ok' vs 'good. Ok teams don't lead their divisions this late in the season. I don't expect to win the cup this year, but we're far from average. Especially when you consider we lost an eighth of the season...in a row.

Last edited:
Reactions: AdamParrot

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Some people need to stop acting like Kenny traded away a elite goalie after just 3 games, especially since we all know how streaky Mrazek is known to be, so perhaps save the "see I was right all along, **** Holland" BS untill we've seen him show enough consistency to steal a starters job.
I think it's more along the concept of how could we keep an often injured goalie who is 7 years older. Granted, the relationship between Mrazek & Holland was on the outs, but to me that's the front office's job to repair, and they chose not to, but just my $0.02.

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
I think it's more along the concept of how could we keep an often injured goalie who is 7 years older. Granted, the relationship between Mrazek & Holland was on the outs, but to me that's the front office's job to repair, and they chose not to, but just my $0.02.

How about neither are part of the future and front office rather stick with Howard and trade the guy that actually had value?

We clear up cap space, and if Mrazek plays well we get adequate return. But that's my opinion and there are no correct answers atm, i just got annoyed with people that are already declaring this a disatrous trade and use a 3 game sample size to strengthen their argument.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think most people who are "okay" with the move are "okay" not because we kept Howard but because we saw the inevitability of losing Mrazek this off-season.

Holland payed Mrazek for what he "might be" once, and wasn't confident enough in him to do it again.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Flyers look like they have the 1a to eliots 1b. Improves thier playoff chances and Detroit gets improving assets for someone who they probably weren't going to tender as an rfa. The top half of phillys roster can beat anybody hopefully mrazik can cover for the bottom half

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Nice run so far for Petr. Assuming he has a good stint with the Flyers...not great...but good...does he get that qualifying offer? One year at (edit) 4.15 millon? My guess is no...it's simply too much $$ for his results, and with Elliot and Neuvy (and Stolarz and Lyon) insurance, it's easy for Flyers to not do so.

But I definitely see him getting a good offer/chance to play with the Flyers. Too early to say what will happen to goalie market over summer, and where Mzarek fits. But Flyers definitely would be interested in a Neuvy replacement with 1A/1B ability on short term if Petr shows his better game.

On second thought...maybe, just maybe, he'll get that QO...the 1 year (or short term) is a key for the Flyers who have some young goalies that also need looks. Less so is the relative overpayment.

Anyways, Flyers hold a lot of cards

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It's way too early to say definitively what Mrazek is. History has shown he can be great....and also be poor.

Just glad we have a healthy goalie capable of being a #1.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Nice run so far for Petr. Assuming he has a good stint with the Flyers...not great...but good...does he get that qualifying offer? One year at (edit) 4.15 millon? My guess is no...it's simply too much $$ for his results, and with Elliot and Neuvy (and Stolarz and Lyon) insurance, it's easy for Flyers to not do so.

But I definitely see him getting a good offer/chance to play with the Flyers. Too early to say what will happen to goalie market over summer, and where Mzarek fits. But Flyers definitely would be interested in a Neuvy replacement with 1A/1B ability on short term if Petr shows his better game.

On second thought...maybe, just maybe, he'll get that QO...the 1 year (or short term) is a key for the Flyers who have some young goalies that also need looks. Less so is the relative overpayment.

Anyways, Flyers hold a lot of cards

Stolarz is going to be in the AHL next year regardless. He missed too much of this year due to his injury to really have a shot at the big club next year.

I'm fairly certain Hart is no longer eligible in the W, so he'll need a spot in the A as well. That makes one of Stolarz or Lyon the odd man out.

Neuvy should be jettisoned, and assuming he plays well down the stretch, Mrazek should be offered a 2-4 year deal. 3 perferrably hopefully no more than 12M total.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Mrazek just gave up 10 goals between Carolina and Tampa, Holland is looking more like a genius now than an idiot.
Using only last 2 games out of still low number of games played in new uniform to prove a point is making someone look like an idiot as well dont you think?

Not sure if you get that the best Mrazek does it Philly only improves your return.

If genius Holland knew Mrazek was such a lousy goalie he should have agreed to a different type of deal.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Using only last 2 games out of still low number of games played in new uniform to prove a point is making someone look like an idiot as well dont you think?

Not sure if you get that the best Mrazek does it Philly only improves your return.

If genius Holland knew Mrazek was such a lousy goalie he should have agreed to a different type of deal.
Mrazek's inconsistency is consistent. He'll have a stretch of greatness followed by a stretch of lousiness. Until he proves otherwise that's his MO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad