Confirmed Trade: [DET/PHI] Petr Mrazek (50% retained) for 2018 cndl 4th round pick and 2019 cndl 3rd round pick

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Death, taxes and the flyers never having a reliable elite goalie... these are 3 things that never change. Maybe things can change with Carter Hart but who knows.

Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Death, taxes and the flyers never having a reliable elite goalie... these are 3 things that never change. Maybe things can change with Carter Hart but who knows.

Literally no one thought they were getting an elite goalie when we made the trade. Not sure what that changes, but cute post!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well they're definitely not rational but I've seen it, not just on here either.

I feel sorry for you and the rest of the sensible ones, TBH.

Nothing to feel sorry for. We took a chance on a goalie to reward the team for doing well for a stretch instead of saying "thanks for the effort guys, but were going to have you use an AHL goalie as a started and hope you make the playoffs". The equivalent would have been McPhee trading Neal and other UFAs at the deadline.

It cost us a 4th, maybe a 3rd round pick, for the chance for a lot of our young kids to get a taste of the playoffs. This year should be a devlopmental year for us - we dont have a contender of a team - and certainly not a contender of a coach.

Future looks bright, and i'd wager that a lot of teams would love to have our young kids and prospect pool. Your sympathy is appreciated, but hardly necessary.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Literally no one thought they were getting an elite goalie when we made the trade. Not sure what that changes, but cute post!
Lol I never mentioned anything about the trade. Just making a statement about the flyers never having an elite goalie.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Lol I never mentioned anything about the trade. Just making a statement about the flyers never having an elite goalie.

Seems odd to comment on it in a thread where No one claimed to have an elite goalie. But hey, some people just can't help themselves I suppose.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
his skill was elite level first few games with flyers. Then he fell back to earth just like the rest of the team....

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
his skill was elite level first few games with flyers. Then he fell back to earth just like the rest of the team....

This teams top line and top pair can make anything look good for a while. The problem comes when they don't dominate the game. There's No one there to step up and shoulder any weight, so if g-coots-konecny-ghost-provo aren't significantly out playing their matchup, it's a wrap.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
From what I have seen, he is the same frustrating Petr Mrazek we have seen for a year and a half, in Detroit. One night he is dynamite with a 37 save shutout, and the next game he is sliding all over the crease like a crazy man, letting in 3-4 stinkers on 25 shots.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
What happened to him becoming the face of a franchise as the #1?

DRW fans said it over and over again, noe the honeymoon phase is over.

Why did Detroit fans think he was the face of their franchise? Cause we sure as hell didn't. Unless you meant face of the franchise after Giroux/Provorov/Voracek/Konecny/Simmonds/Gostisbehere/Couturier/Patrick/Lindblom/Sanheim/Hart/Frost/Sandstrom/Elliot/fill in the blank .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad