GDT: DET @ MTL | 7:30pm EST | 3/26/18 | FSD Plus

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
They are the worst D-core in the league... I am not sure why we are surprised at this point.

Buffalo has Risto so I give them the edge and I cannot think of anybody worse.
Oh I know that. I’m just saying they are still in the nhl they should be able to make plays like that pretty easily

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Again easy reverse there for Daley but instead throws a crappy backhand bank pass in frk’s feet and gives up a chance. I have a hard time believing that all our d can have this bad of hockey iq

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Oh I know that. I’m just saying they are still in the nhl they should be able to make plays like that pretty easily

I know, we are really bad at short passing, well passing in general but that is a strange one. The other thing they almost never do is put the puck in shooting positions when they go D to D. They hammer it in the guys feet or off the boards a lot. Our D is really bad, especially with the one above average passer on the back-end out for the year. Kronwall still throws the occasional high skill pass but we know he just cannot really play at this level anymore and that isn't his fault he is old and has one knee.

The thing I would like to point to is we are always collecting because our passes are slightly off. It is a massive deal because our guys don't play fast because they cannot think of where to go with the puck first they are always handling and trying to receive the pass. When you think back to our great teams think of how often they immediately moved the puck, passes were always on the money and it helped them play a ton faster. Your thought process is totally different. I know it is simple and we know that, but our D screwing up simple breakouts means our forwards rarely get to play as fast as they can. Which really is the strength of a couple guys. It also forces us to constantly try the hope plays to back the D off instead of the crisp plays that catch them and force that.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
I know, we are really bad at short passing, well passing in general but that is a strange one. The other thing they almost never do is put the puck in shooting positions when they go D to D. They hammer it in the guys feet or off the boards a lot. Our D is really bad, especially with the one above average passer on the back-end out for the year. Kronwall still throws the occasional high skill pass but we know he just cannot really play at this level anymore and that isn't his fault he is old and has one knee.

The thing I would like to point to is we are always collecting because our passes are slightly off. It is a massive deal because our guys don't play fast because they cannot think of where to go with the puck first they are always handling and trying to receive the pass. When you think back to our great teams think of how often they immediately moved the puck, passes were always on the money and it helped them play a ton faster. Your thought process is totally different. I know it is simple and we know that, but our D screwing up simple break outs means our forwards rarely get to play as fast as they can.

Ya I agree that the passes are always off and a lot of times not in a position to take it but I think part of that is obviously skill but another part is that the pass is too damn long. We always need to make an 80-100 foot pass not a 10-20 footer. You watch back in the day we were always make short quick passes and attacking teams in a 5 man unit

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
the announcer said Matha plays for free in Montreal. Took me a sec to get it

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

The thing I would like to point to is we are always collecting because our passes are slightly off. It is a massive deal because our guys don't play fast because they cannot think of where to go with the puck first they are always handling and trying to receive the pass. When you think back to our great teams think of how often they immediately moved the puck, passes were always on the money and it helped them play a ton faster. Your thought process is totally different. I know it is simple and we know that, but our D screwing up simple breakouts means our forwards rarely get to play as fast as they can. Which really is the strength of a couple guys. It also forces us to constantly try the hope plays to back the D off instead of the crisp plays that catch them and force that.
You're right on the money. Our passing is abismal. As a result it's hard for our forwards to get things done. Biggest culprit here is DDK. Dude is a black hole offensively.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Watching these two teams is amazing. They both have a hard time making that last play to get a good shot on net.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad