GDT: DET @ MTL | 7:30pm EST | 3/26/18 | FSD Plus

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Athanasiou and Mantha's failure to develop at all really helped get us to the bottom of the standings at least, which is something we desperately needed.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
So we lose the tiebreaker against all of Ottawa, Vancouver and Arizona right?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
You all still have winning a lottery as your rebuild Plan A? Smart, really smart...
Even if this team got Dahlin, it's not like that fixes everything. Any rebuild plan has more than one component.

Well, except maybe for Holland's "All in for Suter" plan a few years ago.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
You all still have winning a lottery as your rebuild Plan A? Smart, really smart...
It's not even winning the lottery. It's ensuring you're in a better position if you don't win. Right now we could draft as low as 8, we can ensure that 5 is the lowest we go with the right outcomes down the stretch.

I don't see how having a higher pick at this point could hurt the rebuild.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'd re-sign him and give him a raise for 3 years just do see it guaranteed. Let Jimmy walk.

Cleary's heart into their body's and you have legit one of the best top lines in the league.

A monster sized winger with soft hands and a killer shot. A 6'2 speed demon with good hands and decent vision. I mean c'mon.

Danny Clearly was barely an NHLer 8 years into his career despite being a higher draft pick than Mantha or Athanasiou.
So spare us the "heart" bullshit.

Go research why Cleary was a bust 8 years after his draft and get back to me about "heart."

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
So we lose the tiebreaker against all of Ottawa, Vancouver and Arizona right?
Yes, at the moment. The first tiebreaker is ROW, followed by head to head record. Detroit currently has the worst ROW in the league (22), while OTT and ARI are at 24, and VAN is at 27. (I doubt the Wings can catch Buffalo, but the Sabres ROW is 23.)

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I'd say you can't really be questioning Cleary's work ethic during his time with us, but then I realized I dared to say that AA was anything less than perfect player so....

Again, why don't you look into why Mr. Heart and Soul sucked for so long despite being a top 13 pick in the NHL draft. People want to pretend Cleary was an unskilled plug who worked hard and made the most out of his career, they're fooling themselves.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Again, why don't you look into why Mr. Heart and Soul sucked for so long despite being a top 13 pick in the NHL draft. People want to pretend Cleary was an unskilled plug who worked hard and made the most out of his career, they're fooling themselves.

I mean what is your point Redder?

His knowledge is very useful in regards to a good lesson for AA/Mantha/Larkin/Bertuzzi.

You can be a high draft pick, and have lots of skill... and you can still fail horribly.
then he started working harder and played with more heart... and it resulted in him having an "OK" Hockey career.
Its a good story overall.

Something Mantha in particular should learn something from. Because I really disliked his game today. He does not look like he is trying at all out there.

Also all the cleary hate is HOLLAND's fault. Its not Cleary's fault. this is a management complaint (and a valid one).
Not on the player.

Reactions: Marky9er

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
What you're getting at is completely irrelevant.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I mean what is your point Redder?

His knowledge is very useful in regards to a good lesson for AA/Mantha/Larkin/Bertuzzi.

You can be a high draft pick, and have lots of skill... and you can still fail horribly.
then he started working harder and played with more heart... and it resulted in him having an "OK" Hockey career.
Its a good story overall.

Something Mantha in particular should learn something from. Because I really disliked his game today. He does not look like he is trying at all out there.

Also all the cleary hate is HOLLAND's fault. Its not Cleary's fault. this is a management complaint (and a valid one).
Not on the player.

My point is that Cleary isn't some working class hero.
Talk to me about Maltby and Draper and I'm with you.
Cleary pissed away half his career.

Mantha is already worlds ahead of Cleary at the same age. AA too.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Speaking of hard workers, Abdelkader has fallen off a cliff.

In the last 10 games he has scored one goal and 3 points.

From a 49 point pace to a 38 point pace

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Says the guy pointing to a 13th overall pick who had passed 20 goals once as an example for our young kids.
I'm not pointing at anything other than it would be good for our young guys to put in the work to be their best selves before they're nearly 30.

And you definitely love arguing, can't deny that man.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
My point is that Cleary isn't some working class hero.
Talk to me about Maltby and Draper and I'm with you.
Cleary pissed away half his career.

Mantha is already worlds ahead of Cleary at the same age. AA too.

No one is saying Cleary has more talent than Anyone.

Mantha and AA are lazy asses. they are not working hard.

Do not be surprised when and if we trade them...

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Athanasiou and Mantha's failure to develop at all really helped get us to the bottom of the standings at least, which is something we desperately needed.
Chicago drafted Alex Debrincat 39th overall. Three years after Mantha was drafted at 20th overall. He's outscoring Mantha in their rookie years.

Our scouting department is nowhere near the level of the best scouting groups in the league.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
No one is saying Cleary has more talent than Anyone.

Mantha and AA are lazy asses. they are not working hard.

Do not be surprised when and if we trade them...
I'm there with AA, I would be surprised with Mantha. If they did trade him I'd expect something major. AA I'd be expecting not much of anything in return. 75-100 overall pick or something. I'm sure they would cut bait rather than negotiate with AA.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
The best was people saying that only the final year on the deal would end up looking bad.

"people"

Come on, we all discuss things here.. but not a single poster on this forum "likes" Abby's Contract.

Some of us are ok with the player or his cap hit..... But no one likes how long his deal is. NO ONE!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad