Proposal: DET - MIN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Menell put up 47 pts in 57 games last year in the AHL and 38 pts in 47 games in the KHL this year as a defender. I wanna see what he can do at the NHL level.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Menell put up 47 pts in 57 games last year in the AHL and 38 pts in 47 games in the KHL this year as a defender. I wanna see what he can do at the NHL level.

Yes, me too, I'd like to see him at NHL level and I think Detroit would be a good place for him to show what he's got.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes, me too, I'd like to see him at NHL level and I think Detroit would be a good place for him to show what he's got.

Then offer a return worth accepting.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This trade aside, it’s crazy to suggest helm is a negative value asset - out of touch really

It's honestly almost as crazy to suggest that a guy whose only positive quality is "he tries hard" is going to be something teams spend assets on to give a roster spot and a paycheck to. Maybe some GM will value effort enough to give a late round pick though?

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Minnesota is at the bottom of the league in face-off percentage. Helm could help that but the guy they should be targeting is Glendening.

The funny thing is, Glendening may end up being one of the players who brings the most this deadline. Now that may only be a second or a third and a fourth but what he brings to the table is very specific and there’s a lot of teams looking for that very specific type player.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
This trade aside, it’s crazy to suggest helm is a negative value asset - out of touch really

What does he bring that any other NHL roster doesn’t have two or three of already in the AHL or as a healthy scratch? Detroit lifer isn’t likely to carry weight elsewhere. He is the Detroit version of Stephane Veilleux.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Minnesota is at the bottom of the league in face-off percentage. Helm could help that but the guy they should be targeting is Glendening.

The funny thing is, Glendening may end up being one of the players who brings the most this deadline. Now that may only be a second or a third and a fourth but what he brings to the table is very specific and there’s a lot of teams looking for that very specific type player.
Minnesota is already stock full of 3-4 liners. The Wild don’t need more. We shouldn’t be putting bottom six players into critical face offs.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I'm not speaking to that.
I'm not saying the Wild need him. I don't know what the wild need. The Wild are a shit hockey team that I don't try to watch and haven't been even slightly interested in since Gaborik was there.

But if you're a team looking for a 3rd/4th liner who can skate, PK, and even line up at center, Helm is not a negative asset.

I'd take a 4th rounder for Helm.
There isn't a team in the league that is serious about doing anything other than tanking that would play Helm on the 3rd line. None.

Could he play on a 4th line on a good team? Maybe, sure.
Does every other good team in the league have 6 guys in its system that could do at least equally well? Yeah.

He's not a negative asset if retention happens.
But he's not an asset that anyone really needs either.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
There isn't a team in the league that is serious about doing anything other than tanking that would play Helm on the 3rd line. None.

Could he play on a 4th line on a good team? Maybe, sure.
Does every other good team in the league have 6 guys in its system that could do at least equally well? Yeah.

He's not a negative asset if retention happens.
But he's not an asset that anyone really needs either.

You speak with certainty that comes off as bullshit to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad