Trade: [DET/LAR] Matthew Stafford for Jared Goff, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick & 3rd rounder

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

So basically Goff is a dumbass and the Rams were tired of paying franchise guy money to a guy who didn't want to be the franchise.

I guess him looking like a dipshit on Hard Knocks was more real than i thought...lol

Lol the Rams seem like the real dumbasses here for giving Goff that contract

Reactions: DueDiligence

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lol the Rams seem like the real dumbasses here for giving Goff that contract
They had Goff under control for a 4th year plus always had the 5th year option. Rookie deal was worth around $30 mill, and a 5th year option would have been like $23/$24 mill. So, all in after 5 seasons would have been around $55 million vs what they guaranteed the guy. Same with Philly and Wentz.

Mahomes and Watson signed already before they began year 4, but they have played excellent. Trubisky, Chicago waited and have decided to let him walk.

The 2018 QB class, I would let Mayfield go to his 5th year option. Same with Darnold if I was the Jets assuming they keep him. Allen, I would let him play out year 4 before extending him. Just want to see him either maintain his level or get better. Rosen, already been cut, so no 5th year option for him. Jackson, same as Allen and more likely I would do a 5th year option on him before extending him. I need to see him develop his pass game more before I commit $100 million to him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Interesting

You could make reasonable case that neither Rams pick will be as valuable as the pick they passed on here and it could be argued this was better deal depending on how you think Goff will perform going forward

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Interesting

You could make reasonable case that neither Rams pick will be as valuable as the pick they passed on here and it could be argued this was better deal depending on how you think Goff will perform going forward

We saw a couple of years ago that NO moved up from like 26 to get to around 13 with GB and gave up a first in the following draft o get DE Davenport. So if you believe that the Rams picks will be around 23 and later you could trade down from 8 to get 2 firsts in the twenties.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016

Interesting

In the NFL, two 20s picks are more valuable than an 8th overall

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
We saw a couple of years ago that NO moved up from like 26 to get to around 13 with GB and gave up a first in the following draft o get DE Davenport. So if you believe that the Rams picks will be around 23 and later you could trade down from 8 to get 2 firsts in the twenties.
The Lions themselves would have certainly liked to trade down a bit from #3 last year, but claimed they did not receive any offers. So perhaps it is not that easy.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad