Trade: [DET/LAR] Matthew Stafford for Jared Goff, 2022 1st round pick, 2023 1st round pick & 3rd rounder

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Did the Rams really have to throw in 2 first round picks? Stafford is gonna be 33 this year.

I don’t get why they are throwing their first round picks like candy but they sure can find em after the first round.

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Good trade by the Rams, this's a trade they had to make. Goff is the definition of average and he's immensely overpaid they weren't winning anything with him. Stafford will look even better with McVay. I fully expect them to be one of the top teams in the NFC next year.

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Did the Rams really have to throw in 2 first round picks? Stafford is gonna be 33 this year.

I don’t get why they are throwing their first round picks like candy but they sure can find em after the first round.

Yeah this is James Harden type overpayment only this deal actually makes more sense cause the Rams you could argue are a QB away from winning while the Nets still need more of a defensive presence even after getting a third elite scorer.

And I know Goff's getting paid a lot but I don't get how he has negative value. You throw in a first round pick to get rid of him, that's Patrick Marleau type contract shedding but Goff is at least a starter in the league if not a top twenty QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad