Confirmed Buy-Out [DET] Justin Abdelkader

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Niiiiice. Pretty much done like dinner but more about cap flexibility and freeing up a roster spot, one would think

Does someone else pick him up? :sarcasm:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Damn lots of buyouts this year. This contract was a head scratcher from start. Cap was meh I guess within what others were overpaid but the term was crazy

Reactions: Morrison

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
What's his deal? He just sucks at this point? Any chance at being a good buy low?

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Kind of surprised Detroit didn't let another year or two run down on that contract for a shorter buyout impact while they have cap to burn. Might want the flexibility though. Man, that was an insane contract.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Love Abdelkader, but I think we had close to a full consensus that was a bad contract the day it was inked.
I don't remember that much, but I recall a bunch of excuses about "Taking care of their guys" and a bunch of bullshit about rewarding guys who had been in the organization a long time.

He was coming off 44 and 42 point seasons and some people were pointing to the declining salary like "If he's not living up to it in year 6 or 7 he's only paid 3M". LOL

I also recall a bunch of *whataboutism* stuff where people were trying to find worse contracts to compare it to.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad