Confirmed Signing with Link: [DET] F Patrick Kane signs with the Red Wings (1 year, $2.75M)

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Interested to see how he plays after the surgery.

He’s such a smart player that a hit to his straight-line speed might not be killer it would be for other players.

That said, he does rely alot on latteral movements.

• Love
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
No NHL player has really come back from this surgery. It'll be interesting to see what Kane has left in the tank.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Think people are focusing way too hard on Kane-Debrincat together.

Debrincat has gelled well enough with Larkin that he's not getting pulled away from him just to put him with Kane, unless Kane proves that he's still good/healthy enough to be on the 1st line/1st PP. They're not dropping Debrincat from either and taking him away from Larkin just to put him with Kane.
To be fair...

Debrincats been playing on the 2nd line, ( with Compher and doing really well), and Joe Veleno has taken his spot on the 1st line with Larkin/Raymond before the signing was even made.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Who are they?
Bit of a breach of etiquette to say. But, I wil tell you they played for the Buffalo Blizzard - NPSL team. Indoor soccer tougher on the body than is outdoor. A couple rotator cuff surgeries for a couple of the guys as well from playing along the boards - don't have the give on turf as does ice...

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
DeBrincat - Larkin - Kane
Perron - Compher - Raymond
Fabbri - Copp - Sprong
Rasmussen - Veleno - Fischer

They still need another top four defenseman and for one of the goalies to take hold of the starter position but that's as deep a forward group as any team in the division.
Only if Kane isis still a top 6 forward which I. Have little hope for.
It’s very nice to finally have a Wings team worth cheering for again though

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So much for those people who thought he'd be signing for 4 million :laugh:

Good move by him. (Hopefully) show GMs he's still has it and can be productive, possibly leads the way to a multi year deal in the off season.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That's what I figured. I know that he's not your average player but he'll have to adapt his game completely. I would have to think that's the only real shot at helping and I hope he's willing to do that and not be upset at limited time.

No clue if it's true but weeks ago I saw something about how he "doesn't want to be a mere passenger" or roughly something akin to that.

He may be expecting way too much.
He was quoted already saying he doesn’t want or expected to be handed top 6 time or any PP time.

He knows he has to earn it

dtown77

Dec 29, 2005
Seeing how Bäckström looked after the same surgery i have serious doubts this will work out well
How did Backstrom look? He was in a decline before the surgery. I honestly feel like Kane has more left in the tank then Backstrom did. Some Washington fans were thinking he should hang them up before he had the surgery. (I disagreed with that) No one was really saying that with Kane. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I honestly believe this is a different situation.

Reactions: TS Quint

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
2 years would have been fine. LTIR is used by everyone. I am assuming he gets another year or 2 if this year he proves productive and healthy.
As a Sabres fan, I don’t cheer for the hockey team any more, as it has long been beaten out of me. I only care about maintaining Terry Pegula’s lifestyle. We are talking about millions of dollars that would be diverted from his yacht improvement fund.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad