Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Christian Djoos claimed by the Red Wings

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
He is?

According to Natural Stat Trick, he's had a grand total of 2 total "rush attempts" the last 2 years (granted he only played 11 games last year). His giveaways seem to be a lot for a guy with limited minutes and who isn't the primary puck carrier on his tandem.

I mean, he's fine for a waiver pick up and better than playing Marc Staal, but other than that he's basically at best a 7th dman on any kind of team.

To me, puck mover means someone who makes a good first pass out of the zone. Whereas puck rusher is someone who tries to do the end to end thing.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
wondering if you can provide the time during game video this comment occured ?
You mean you don't wanna replay 2.5+ hrs of Art Regner's color commentary? :laugh:

I'd like to know the timestamp myself. I had the volume on during the scrimmage, but as usual, found myself tuning Art out. Kinda like he tunes out Ken Kal & Carly, or just flat out interrupts them. I believe he may have ADD or early dementia.

Reactions: decaguard

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
You mean you don't wanna replay 2.5+ hrs of Art Regner's color commentary? :laugh:

I'd like to know the timestamp myself. I had the volume on during the scrimmage, but as usual, found myself tuning Art out. Kinda like he tunes out Ken Kal & Carly, or just flat out interrupts them. I believe he may have ADD or early dementia.
i was checking in on the video with art on mute the entire game , the entire crew are amature imo

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wasn't this guy really solid for the Caps once upon a time
Yes. He played in the Caps top 4 for a good chunk of 2017-18 until the Caps acquired Kempny. He also played on the 3rd pairing for the final 22 Caps playoff games that year, only giving up 5 ES goals during that span. He's a responsible puck mover and good positional defenseman, he's just not very big and has had his $1M salary work against him in both Washington and Anaheim.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wasn't this guy really solid for the Caps once upon a time
He was an important regular with the Caps in their Cup run in 2018, and then had a down year and battled injuries in 2018-19 (compartment syndrome). I really hope he finds a comfort level again and thrives somewhere in the league.

I thought that was going to be Anaheim. Who's Anaheim's seventh D? Offhand, it's not clear from CapFriendly why he'd have ended up on waivers. He was their seventh D on a one-way deal. Were prospect(s) pushing him out of the lineup?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
He was an important regular with the Caps in their Cup run in 2018, and then had a down year and battled injuries in 2018-19 (compartment syndrome). I really hope he finds a comfort level again and thrives somewhere in the league.

I thought that was going to be Anaheim. Who's Anaheim's seventh D? Offhand, it's not clear from CapFriendly why he'd have ended up on waivers. He was their seventh D on a one-way deal. Were prospect(s) pushing him out of the lineup?

Anaheim's strength on D is the left-side and he was battling for the #3 LHD (behind Fowler and Lindholm) with Larsson, Curran, and two kids (Mahura and Benoit). Someone had to go (for cap reasons if nothing else) and it was Djoos.

Reactions: Drake1588

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He is?

According to Natural Stat Trick, he's had a grand total of 2 total "rush attempts" the last 2 years (granted he only played 11 games last year). His giveaways seem to be a lot for a guy with limited minutes and who isn't the primary puck carrier on his tandem.

I mean, he's fine for a waiver pick up and better than playing Marc Staal, but other than that he's basically at best a 7th dman on any kind of team.

He had some decent zone exit numbers in his last year in Washington.

Link: Tableau Public

Reactions: Hivemind

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

As it stands, I think Jani Hakanpaa will take the seldom used, minimal cost seventh D role formerly occupied by Korbinian Holzer, often leapfrogged by younger D for playing time.

Lindholm, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Manson, Larsson are locks for the roster. Curran may have earned himself the 6th job. But he's also waiver exempt and could be good fit for the taxi squad, practice with the big club and continue getting used to the pace. That should put Josh Mahura first in line to earn that 6th spot, otherwise he's the first call up from the AHL. Slightest possibility they keep Drysdale up for a look.

Reactions: Drake1588

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What is is looking like Anaheim's d-pairs will be this year (at least from what you've seen in camp so far)?
Um well we have terrible coverage on our team , but djoos gone, guhle injured.... i think the 1 line up i saw was
Lindholm Shatterkirk
Fowler Manson
Larsson Curran

But i assume youll see Mahura Hakanpaa and benoit also fighting for that last spot(and guhle when he is healthy)

But i also wouldnt be surprised to see Lindholm + manson back together, i think fowler and shattenkirk played together a little on team usa.... so if the original pairings dont work out that isnt a bad back up plan.

Reactions: LeafChief

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lindholm-Shattenkirk
Fowler-Manson
Larsson-Curran/Hakanpaa

Um well we have terrible coverage on our team , but djoos gone, guhle injured.... i think the 1 line up i saw was
Lindholm Shatterkirk
Fowler Manson
Larsson Curran

But i assume youll see Mahura Hakanpaa and benoit also fighting for that last spot(and guhle when he is healthy)

But i also wouldnt be surprised to see Lindholm + manson back together, i think fowler and shattenkirk played together a little on team usa.... so if the original pairings dont work out that isnt a bad back up plan.
Any chance for Drysdale to play his way onto the team if he looks really good during the camp?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Any chance for Drysdale to play his way onto the team if he looks really good during the camp?
I just don’t see the need to rush him , but I suppose there is always a chance and maybe he gets a couple games just to get a feel on what he may need to work on.

I’m excited for him and I think he’s good enough to play but I thjnk he would benefit waiting another year

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I just don’t see the need to rush him , but I suppose there is always a chance and maybe he gets a couple games just to get a feel on what he may need to work on.

I’m excited for him and I think he’s good enough to play but I thjnk he would benefit waiting another year
Very cool. He's going to be a stud.

I know this is the Djoos thread but Anaheim has always been one of the Western teams I've enjoyed following. Zegras is going to make the team right?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Very cool. He's going to be a stud.

I know this is the Djoos thread but Anaheim has always been one of the Western teams I've enjoyed following. Zegras is going to make the team right?
I think zegras gets a long look and up to him to earn his spot.... lot of talk of him playing off the wing if he does make it

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Lets just agree to disagree
It’s a fact

gallery
s-l400.jpg

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad