Claimed off Waivers: [DET] Christian Djoos claimed by the Red Wings

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Djoos was pretty good for Anaheim.... kinda sucks we waived him, thought he had a future on our blue line

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Good pickup for a the Wings. He’s obviously not a bruiser or an offensive wizard, but wing fans will appreciate his intelligence and refinement. He can move the puck efficiently and can contribute both ways.

Reactions: Eegs

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Good spot for him to land and re-establish himself. Also, Detroit gets a puck mover which they really needed another on the back end

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That's all we're seeking is a good puck mover, And that kid is definitely one.
He is?

According to Natural Stat Trick, he's had a grand total of 2 total "rush attempts" the last 2 years (granted he only played 11 games last year). His giveaways seem to be a lot for a guy with limited minutes and who isn't the primary puck carrier on his tandem.

I mean, he's fine for a waiver pick up and better than playing Marc Staal, but other than that he's basically at best a 7th dman on any kind of team.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
He is?

According to Natural Stat Trick, he's had a grand total of 2 total "rush attempts" the last 2 years (granted he only played 11 games last year). His giveaways seem to be a lot for a guy with limited minutes and who isn't the primary puck carrier on his tandem.

I mean, he's fine for a waiver pick up and better than playing Marc Staal, but other than that he's basically at best a 7th dman on any kind of team.
After Marc Staal's comment, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the taxi squad.

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->