Proposal: Det - Chi

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It has nothing to do with being classy. There are a total of 15,247 threads in this subforum, and of all of them, you've proposed quite possibly the worst trade thread of all time.

If you think subbing out Mantha for Helm brings it up to speed, you've reached new levels of delusion.
while we are in fantasy land doing this, i included. do you honestly expect any team to bend over backward to help one team while not helping themselves ??

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
per your opinion you may say it is crap and i see that no matter what i say, i will not justify my org idea/thought process.

but that is ok .....

Per facts and logic it's crap. In what world can a team give up a bunch of mediocre players/fringe NHLers for Filip Zadina (the #6 pick just last year) a likely top 10 pick, a solid defenseman in Mike Green, and oh a 3rd round pick too?

Reactions: Oddbob

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
while we are in fantasy land doing this, i included. do you honestly expect any team to bend over backward to help one team while not helping themselves ??

Detroit is not helped in anyway by making this trade. Please explain how this helps Detroit in any way? You realize the Red Wings will be able to spend up to ~24M in free agency next year if they want to right?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

If you don't get it now, you never will.

We're not trading our best prospect in 20 years and a top 10 pick for trash.

Reactions: Oddbob and Adityase

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Detroit is not helped in anyway by making this trade. Please explain how this helps Detroit in any way? You realize the Red Wings will be able to spend up to ~24M in free agency next year if they want to right?
well as i mention earlier i am not afraid to admit i am wrong and by all the posters i guess i am wrong.

that is kool

peace

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
well as i mention earlier i am not afraid to admit i am wrong and by all the posters i guess i am wrong.

that is kool

peace

I would still like to hear your reasoning as to how you think this trade would help Detroit.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
A Bhawk / Det trade idea.

This trade for Det to continue help with the Salary Cap going into the off-season while at the same time helping in putting prospects in the overall Det org.

to Det

Connor Murphy - RHD, Gustav Forsling – LHD, Brendan Perlini – Winger, Dylan Sikura – Center, Victor Ejdsell – Center,

to Bhawks

Mike Green – RHD, Anthony Mantha – RW , Darren Helm, Filip Zadina – LW, 2019 1st rou pick – top 5 protected if not then 2020 1st rounder no protection, Plus 2019 3rd rounder.

Richard Menzel

Jan 23, 2019
you must be a Black hawks fan cuz that is an absolute fleecing. Mantha and Zadina are going no place!!

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
well i guess it is a one sided idea favoring the Bhawks, but i was thinking of salary dump per se for det.

So to dump the whole like $6M that Green makes, you wanted us to give up a top 5 pick, a recent 6th overall and our best prospect, a 3rd rd pick, our best defenseman (the so called dump), and our best goal scorer?

I would actually love to hear how yoi came to this conclusion

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
but with Det back against the cap wall and those players mention will ease the cap.

ref to the Bhawks player, they too are real value as an up and coming prospect with some really high projection.

We have 23 mill in cap space this summer. What are you on about?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
LDF plays 7 dimensional chess on some made up fantasy planet all the time.

He’ll also never admit he’s wrong (he’s just admitting here that other posters are saying he’s wrong as a cop out), he’ll never give you a full explanation of where he’s coming from (he’ll just blame you for challenging his nonsensical idea), and then he’ll try to justify it all by saying he’s old and set in his ways (whatever the f*** that means).

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
but with Det back against the cap wall and those players mention will ease the cap.

ref to the Bhawks player, they too are real value as an up and coming prospect with some really high projection.
:laugh: Detroit isn't against the cap this year? Detroit will have close to
$24 to $26 million to spend this summer. Getting sick and tired of people saying things they don't know. Detroit no longer has cap issues.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
LDF plays 7 dimensional chess on some made up fantasy planet all the time.

He’ll also never admit he’s wrong (he’s just admitting here that other posters are saying he’s wrong as a cop out), he’ll never give you a full explanation of where he’s coming from (he’ll just blame you for challenging his nonsensical idea), and then he’ll try to justify it all by saying he’s old and set in his ways (whatever the **** that means).
It didn't happen in this thread but he often seems to flip flop from one side to the other of an argument as well. It's quite infuriating.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It didn't happen in this thread but he often seems to flip flop from one side to the other of an argument as well. It's quite infuriating.
i hate to disappoint your vivid imagination on this topic. but you are wrong. i really do not flip flop as you put it. i am not afraid to be wrong..... what the big deal on being wrong on a sports forum site ?? nothing, it does nothing to my family or anything else.

if it seems as i am flip floping, i am trying to get that person to explore another angle of the discussion. plain and simple.

all this chaos over a imaginary proposal that will never happen....... :laugh: :cool:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
i hate to disappoint your vivid imagination on this topic. but you are wrong. i really do not flip flop as you put it. i am not afraid to be wrong..... what the big deal on being wrong on a sports forum site ?? nothing, it does nothing to my family or anything else.

if it seems as i am flip floping, i am trying to get that person to explore another angle of the discussion. plain and simple.

all this chaos over a imaginary proposal that will never happen....... :laugh: :cool:

Cool, we're trying to get you to explain how Detroit is in cap trouble and why in the hell they would give Zadina and a Top 10 pick for a whole lot of nothing.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Per facts and logic it's crap. In what world can a team give up a bunch of mediocre players/fringe NHLers for Filip Zadina (the #6 pick just last year) a likely top 10 pick, a solid defenseman in Mike Green, and oh a 3rd round pick too?
Murphy is solid. Everything else is scrap.

And I'm not talking salvageable scrap, scrap without the s.

Red Wings fans deserve to trash this

Reactions: LDF and Oddbob

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Completely unfair Analysis... LDF is spot on on his values:

Mantha doesn't hit people even though he is 6'5'' So lets be honest, he has negative value.
Green as we all know is above age 24... So thats negative value on Age. Not to mention his Insane salary... possibly worst contract in the league.
Zadina 6th OA pick should even out for Green's Cap Dump...
But Mantha's negative Lazy value still needs to be balanced.. Likely with a top 5 pick.

The return in the trade is immaterial.. as the positive pieces match the cap dumps/sucky players.

Murphy is a cherry on top for Detroit.

Infact all the other players could easily turn into stars. This has not been accounted for.
I think the addition of Larkin from Detroit should even out for all the bonus players Chicago is giving.

I mean a bunch of Detroit homers in this crowd...
Detroit should be happy to remove all these players.

With the $$$ they can sign their more valuable players to extensions (Abby, Helm, Ericsson, Howard, Nielsen)
As they will all be needing new 7 year deals.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
giphy.gif

Holy Crap, this may be the worst trade proposal I have seen on here yet!

Chicago is giving up terrible pieces all of which are worse than Detroit's players in this deal, and then somehow the Wings are the team giving up a barely lottery protected 1st, plus a 3rd??????????

With the involved players in this deal, the Wings should be getting the Hawks next 2 1st round picks (Unprotected), and having to take on Abdelkader or Nielsen or Dekeyser's contract as well.

Green>>>>>>>>Murphy
Mantha>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Perlini
Helm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ejdsell
Zadina>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Over the rest of the players
3rd rounder???? you know to keep things fair!
Our 1st >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh yeah there is nothing else!

Also the misinformed people on this forum are so annoying with this continued thought that the Wings need to make moves to get under cap or something. We have like nearly 25 Million Dollars coming off at the end of the season, which is a mere 2 months away for the Red Wings. Hello!!!

Reactions: LDF

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

The Hawks are bending over backwards??????? They are literally getting all the better pieces and picks in this deal! The Wings are bent so far backwards, that the entire rest of the NHL is feeling the pain, including the Hawks!

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad