Proposal: Det-Cgy

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
My point is though Detroit is in a hard spot, why should we do them a favor? They can easily reacquire a 3rd in another deal. If you do not properly manage your cap, another should not make it easy to help them out. Tootoo is a better player than Jackman, we in theory should be adding the 4th. Because they are in cap trouble, I would make them pay a 2nd or no deal especially being that we do not need him.

They really aren't anymore, on capgeek they are almost 3 million over the cap but have 5 extra forwards they will be fine. All we will be doing is adding a more physical player that keeps us above the cap floor. We simply won't get a 2nd a 3rd is pushing it.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I would be interested in Tootoo + Tatar for Jackman +

Tatar could be waived and lost for nothing so I think they might be willing to trade him.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
It was primarily intended as a joke, but KH put himself in a very tight spot with some of his signings this off season. I just don't understand why you'd be so terrified of giving the AHL playoff MVP some roster space to do offensive damage. It'd be the perfect situation this year for Tatar. I'd be pretty mad if I was a Wings fan right now.

Trust me, most Wings fans are very upset about it. We did not want Cleary back. He's good in the locker room and all that but he just isn't a good player anymore.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I would be interested in Tootoo + Tatar for Jackman +

Tatar could be waived and lost for nothing so I think they might be willing to trade him.

There is zero chance Tatar gets waived. Last resort would be to trade him, and even that is very unlikely. Tootoo, Eaves, Miller, and Emmerton are all expendable. 22 year old AHL playoff MVP's are not.

If we waive Tootoo, Eaves, and Emmerton that will bring us under the cap. Then we put Helm on LTIR and we have 2+M in cap space which will allow us to bring up Sheahan as our 4th line center until Helm gets healthy.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
There is zero chance Tatar gets waived. Last resort would be to trade him, and even that is very unlikely. Tootoo, Eaves, Miller, and Emmerton are all expendable. 22 year old AHL playoff MVP's are not.

If we waive Tootoo, Eaves, and Emmerton that will bring us under the cap. Then we put Helm on LTIR and we have 2+M in cap space which will allow us to bring up Sheahan as our 4th line center until Helm gets healthy.

I think there is a chance Detroit trades Tatar as they have better options right now and he doesn't really fit the 4th line and press box won't help him at all.

I think something like
Tatar + Tootoo + Samuelsson + 4th for Stempniak is fair for both sides and helps Detroit free up a lot of money.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I think there is a chance Detroit trades Tatar as they have better options right now and he doesn't really fit the 4th line and press box won't help him at all.

I think something like
Tatar + Tootoo + Samuelsson + 4th for Stempniak is fair for both sides and helps Detroit free up a lot of money.

Samuelsson has a NTC and Tatar is amazing I wouldn't touch that as Detroit.
Maybe if you got Samuelsson to waive
Stempniak + Calgary 2nd 2014 (could be a 30th overall pick)
for
Tatar + Samuelsson + Tootoo

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Samuelsson has a NTC and Tatar is amazing I wouldn't touch that as Detroit.
Maybe if you got Samuelsson to waive
Stempniak + Calgary 2nd 2014 (could be a 30th overall pick)
for
Tatar + Samuelsson + Tootoo

Tatar doesn't have a spot in their top 9 and has to be put on waivers this year if he doesn't make the team so will they keep him in the press box to save him from waivers or risk losing him?

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Tatar doesn't have a spot in their top 9 and has to be put on waivers this year if he doesn't make the team so will they keep him in the press box to save him from waivers or risk losing him?

I expect Tatar to make the team quite easily after getting more development time.
If he can't Detroit will hold onto him and test the market to get the best price and I'd expect all teams to be interested based on his 16 goals in last years AHL playoffs.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

They will send down Nyqvist before they send down Tatar, because Nyqvist is still waiver eligible.

Tatar is going to play in the NHL this year, may not be with Detroit but they won't let him go for peanuts. Stop trying to think he will be had cheaply :P

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I expect Tatar to make the team quite easily after getting more development time.
If he can't Detroit will hold onto him and test the market to get the best price and I'd expect all teams to be interested based on his 16 goals in last years AHL playoffs.

This is the expected starting roster

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelkader
Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Andersson-Bertuzzi/Cleary
Miller-Emmerton-Cleary/Bertuzzi

There isn't a spot for Tatar and he will be lost on waivers.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

Read what I said lol, Nyquist is getting sent down first because he doesn't have to pass thru waivers. Tatar isn't going to be lost on waivers. None of us like it on the wings board but that's likely what will happen.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Read what I said lol, Nyquist is getting sent down first because he doesn't have to pass thru waivers. Tatar isn't going to be lost on waivers. None of us like it on the wings board but that's likely what will happen.

That's what I have read from the majority of wings fans and if Nyquist gets called up for 2 games he will have to pass through waivers and they will have to do something then.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They really aren't anymore, on capgeek they are almost 3 million over the cap but have 5 extra forwards they will be fine. All we will be doing is adding a more physical player that keeps us above the cap floor. We simply won't get a 2nd a 3rd is pushing it.

I'd rather fill that spot from within with McGrats or Ferland or whoever. If we weren't being offered an attractive asset I'd pass pretty easily, personally. We do not need Tootoo, McGrats is more than capable of providing muscle for our young players.

We can simply trade Jackman for a 4th on his own.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'd rather fill that spot from within with McGrats or Ferland or whoever. If we weren't being offered an attractive asset I'd pass pretty easily, personally. We do not need Tootoo, McGrats is more than capable of providing muscle for our young players.

We can simply trade Jackman for a 4th on his own.

I don't think now is the time for Ferland on the 4th line unless that is all we want him to become. I think a 3rd + Tootoo are both useful pieces.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't think now is the time for Ferland on the 4th line unless that is all we want him to become. I think a 3rd + Tootoo are both useful pieces.

That's fine, the value is good. I just don't think we don't need him, I'd rather roll with a much cheaper and bigger McGratton. I hate the idea of spending 2 mill on a 4th line player regardless if we can afford it or not.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's fine, the value is good. I just don't think we don't need him, I'd rather roll with a much cheaper and bigger McGratton. I hate the idea of spending 2 mill on a 4th line player regardless if we can afford it or not.

Next year we will need several big contracts on this team to meet the floor and atleast Tootoo gives 100% and protects players unlike most guys that will be in UFA.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Next year we will need several big contracts on this team to meet the floor and atleast Tootoo gives 100% and protects players unlike most guys that will be in UFA.

But then he either takes McGrats spot or Bouma's. I'd spend the money on our D which is an actual need.

I kind of agree with you about Ferland, it's likely he needs more seasoning, but I wanna wait and see how he does in games.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
But then he either takes McGrats spot or Bouma's. I'd spend the money on our D which is an actual need.

I kind of agree with you about Ferland, it's likely he needs more seasoning, but I wanna wait and see how he does in games.

I think Tootoo is the perfect 13th man when either Bouma or McGrattan need a break and that way our physical protectors are always 100% fresh. I think when we are asking for 100% from everyone players are going to need some nights off to rest and Tootoo is the prefect guy to step in.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
That's what I have read from the majority of wings fans and if Nyquist gets called up for 2 games he will have to pass through waivers and they will have to do something then.

You are correct on that, not sure if it's only two games left but what Babcock has hinted was they will send him down unless a trade is made. However he is likely to be on the main roster eventually, they just have to make room after.

It's all Cleary 's fault, why did we have to bring him back grrrr.

Either way TT will be playing on an NHL team, KH won't lose him on waivers and I suspect if anything he could be traded in a package deal.

But I really do want to keep TT he is tenacious and skates well, has great qualities of player that can make an impact.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
You are correct on that, not sure if it's only two games left but what Babcock has hinted was they will send him down unless a trade is made. However he is likely to be on the main roster eventually, they just have to make room after.

It's all Cleary 's fault, why did we have to bring him back grrrr.

Either way TT will be playing on an NHL team, KH won't lose him on waivers and I suspect if anything he could be traded in a package deal.

But I really do want to keep TT he is tenacious and skates well, has great qualities of player that can make an impact.

It is 2 games and I for what ever reason most Wings fans seem to think Babcock likes Nyquist over TT.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013

Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson

This is what the Wings forwards will most likely look like IMO

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelakder
Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Andersson-Cleary
Tatar-Sheahan-Bertuzzi/Samuelsson
Miller
Samuelsson/Bertuzzi

They will waive Tootoo, Eaves, and Emmerton and put Helm on LTIR. This puts us around 2M under the cap. We can then call up Sheahan to be the 4th line center until Helm returns, if ever.

It would make zero sense to keep Tootoo, Eaves, or Emmerton over Tatar as all three are dime a dozen players and do not have a future with the Wings. Sheahan is more than capable of filling in as 4th line center for Emmerton. He's actually better and has much more upside.

They will never put Tatar on waivers! That would be the dumbest move in the history of sports. They could easily find a trading partner for him if they absolutely had to. They would at least get something for him in return instead of losing him on waivers and getting nothing.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
This is what the Wings forwards will most likely look like IMO

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Abdelakder
Franzen-Weiss-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Andersson-Cleary
Tatar-Sheahan-Bertuzzi/Samuelsson
Miller
Samuelsson/Bertuzzi

They will waive Tootoo, Eaves, and Emmerton and put Helm on LTIR. This puts us around 2M under the cap. We can then call up Sheahan to be the 4th line center until Helm returns, if ever.

It would make zero sense to keep Tootoo, Eaves, or Emmerton over Tatar as all three are dime a dozen players and do not have a future with the Wings. Sheahan is more than capable of filling in as 4th line center for Emmerton. He's actually better and has much more upside.

They will never put Tatar on waivers! That would be the dumbest move in the history of sports. They could easily find a trading partner for him if they absolutely had to. They would at least get something for him in return instead of losing him on waivers and getting nothing.

Tatar on the 4th is a great waste and doesn't really fit the Babcock system.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Tatar on the 4th is a great waste and doesn't really fit the Babcock system.

It's not a waste. All our young guys start out in the bottom 6. The Wings make their young guys earn a top 6 role. Datsyuk and Zetterberg both started out in the bottom 6. Being a bottom 6 player puts much less pressure on young players and allows them to focus on other aspects of the game and become more complete players.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
It's not a waste. All our young guys start out in the bottom 6. The Wings make their young guys earn a top 6 role. Datsyuk and Zetterberg both started out in the bottom 6. Being a bottom 6 guys puts much less pressure on young players and allows them to focus on other aspects of the game and become more complete players.

Its not the Babcock way and Datysuk and Zetterberg got 11-12 minutes of ES time and saw around 2 minutes of PP that is 4th line minutes. You are wrong about that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad