GDT: DET @ BUF 7:30pm EST TV: ESPN+/Hulu Radio: WGR - Kane returns to Buffalo. Sort of... [Mod Warning Post 71]

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Thoughts from watching since there's no post-game thread:

- Power play just needs to make the simple passes. There are far too many low percentage passes on the power play, which end up going back the other way 200 feet. Make easy passes. Don't go for the bar-down shot from the side (since it rings right out of the zone if you miss). And Skinner needs to be off any future power play #1 units. He's dynamic but also causes chaos when order is needed.

- Put Cozens at wing and let him take faceoffs. Dylan needs to simplify his game and just play fast. His strength has never been playmaking and driving a line 200 feet. Just let him play a bit more free at wing.

- Sabres need just one guy to be a net front presence. Doesn't even need to be a big name. Grundstrom from the Kings is someone who I've wanted to trade for seemingly forever, just for this reason.

Reactions: Ehran

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Lost?
200.webp

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
A simple more physical game until we get a lead in games as EVERY puck luck will be against us deliberately until we are mathematically eliminated. I have no problem w the third.period and I don't kike the puck bounces and weirdness but if you don't play anticipating the fook overs from nhl edge and sap systems them we are naive about our being targeted as a city and franchise

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Thoughts from watching since there's no post-game thread:

- Power play just needs to make the simple passes. There are far too many low percentage passes on the power play, which end up going back the other way 200 feet. Make easy passes. Don't go for the bar-down shot from the side (since it rings right out of the zone if you miss). And Skinner needs to be off any future power play #1 units. He's dynamic but also causes chaos when order is needed.

- Put Cozens at wing and let him take faceoffs. Dylan needs to simplify his game and just play fast. His strength has never been playmaking and driving a line 200 feet. Just let him play a bit more free at wing.

- Sabres need just one guy to be a net front presence. Doesn't even need to be a big name. Grundstrom from the Kings is someone who I've wanted to trade for seemingly forever, just for this reason.
You're correct although i know nothing of the guy you want. Dahlins attitude at minimum is needed without that dirty cross check to the face red wings cheaply did to skinner.

There must be an honorable way to kick asz without the scum of Rangers actual captain Trouba or the scum in Vegas pietaxechop and slew foot moron

Yes an honorable muthaf**ker to give what he gets , cant be moved from net. Skilled hands to tip and can stick handle enough to keep Kyle on the bench , PP2

Maybe more than One outside of org guy ( the opposite of fragile perimeter kane) that always goes to the net and has good hand eye and screens taking and most importantly giving back shite. Might be enough to shame the team like the pk shaming. Might be enough to allow a skill guy like cozens to play hockey instead of learning and focusing on becoming a bkack belt

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad