GDT: DET @ BUF 7:30pm EST TV: ESPN+/Hulu Radio: WGR - Kane returns to Buffalo. Sort of... [Mod Warning Post 71]

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Am I the only one that thinks it is an egregiously bad decision to pull the goalie if you have a man advantage? 6 on 4 isn't worth the instant-game-ender if a bounce goes to their stick instead of yours, when they are allowed to ice the puck. You already have a man advantage.
On a team with a half way decent PP, you might have an argument.

On one of the worst PPs in hockey, you need every edge you can get.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Am I the only one that thinks it is an egregiously bad decision to pull the goalie if you have a man advantage? 6 on 4 isn't worth the instant-game-ender if a bounce goes to their stick instead of yours, when they are allowed to ice the puck. You already have a man advantage.
Its an advantage if the extra man goes to the front and screens. If he takes up another spot on the perimeter it is jist clutter

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
He was our best faceoff guy tonight so you kinda needed him when the game is on the line...
Can he then get the f*** off the ice? Benson would be much better in those spots and won't be fumbling the puck. He literally cost them the game fumbling and forced Dahlin to lose time and space. A bum!

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Seeing a lot of “no excuses” on twitter as if people were going to be kind about this result.

There are no excuses. But there are REASONS. And I’m utterly disgusted by their failure to address them.

Reactions: sabremike

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
On a team with a half way decent PP, you might have an argument.

On one of the worst PPs in hockey, you need every edge you can get.
They were on fire today. And even good power plays will have the other team clear the puck plenty of times - instant game-ender.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
I hear it
Watching all these teams rebuild past us is sickening.
It's maybe unwarranted , hardly the most egregious of his bets

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Okposo should do the Sabres a favor and retire. Brad Brown could beat him in a foot race.

Fire Donny. Losing streak continues. Playoff streak continues with another eastern loss.
Doesn't the NHL measure speed, and isn't he among the fastest forwards on the team? Last I checked he was. Unless you mean mentally slow?

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Hated that we kept the puck high on the left wall for so much of the 6 on 5 and 6 on 4.

Should have been playing it behind their net… and getting JJ engaged in the play.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Doesn't the NHL measure speed, and isn't he among the fastest forwards on the team? Last I checked he was. Unless you mean mentally slow?
Watch him skate. He gets caught from behind consistently.

Let me check in on the Wild after their coaching change must have destroyed their consistency and put them further in a tailspin.

oh
What’s their record since

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
It’s a deceptive measure that’s essentially saying once he’s isolated his top-line straight line speed he’s at NHL level but it doesn’t really reflect his poor acceleration and lateral mobility

Reactions: BFLO and DJN21

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Okposo has average NHL top end sustained speed. He’s middle of the pack on the team.

The NHL has not shared acceleration numbers, which is where Okposo struggles.

It’s visually obvious that he gets up to same speed as everyone else, but he’s 2-3 steps behind.

Reactions: brian_griffin

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This team if frequency telephony and nhl edge fooked w by scum. The less variables passing etc less messed w. If they play w heart like the only period ive seen in four games im w them , seemed kike a alot penalty against , were zebras legit ?

• Haha

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don't forget the Oilers.
Yeah but they were actually supposed to be really good. We were hoping for an 8th place finish with no help from the front office. Much more Wild than Oilers. Of course, Minny actually can’t do things because of a cap issue. But I bet they still did more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad