GDT: DET @ BUF 7:30pm EST TV: ESPN+/Hulu Radio: WGR - Kane returns to Buffalo. Sort of... [Mod Warning Post 71]

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It’s a deceptive measure that’s essentially saying once he’s isolated his top-line straight line speed he’s at NHL level but it doesn’t really reflect his poor acceleration and lateral mobility
Yes, acceleration, not speed. One is m/s, the other is m/s-squared. His acceleration sucks, speed fine.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Can he then get the f*** off the ice? Benson would be much better in those spots and won't be fumbling the puck. He literally cost them the game fumbling and forced Dahlin to lose time and space. A bum!
Lol buddy, your reaching wayyyy too hard if you expect Cozens to win the draw in the OZ (which was on the opposite side from your bench) and expect him to skate off for a change in the middle of the PP in that particular situation.

I agree, dude has been terrible for most of the season but come on man

Last edited:

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I'll never give up on this franchise, but it's time for changes, again. Maybe Kevyn "Hoarders" Adams will finally do something meaningful.

Start with the coaching staff.

Reactions: Fearnot

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He does suck, but he's also a strange hill to die on. He's currently better than Jost, Girgs, Biro, Rosen, Olofsson, Rousek, Power, Samuelsson, E Johnson, Clifton, and Krebs, who all also played many games for the team.
I'd hope so given the amount of money the team wasted on him..

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I’m glad I didn’t watch this one, what a frustrating result. A blowout would have been better!

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
He does suck, but he's also a strange hill to die on. He's currently better than Jost, Girgs, Biro, Rosen, Olofsson, Rousek, Power, Samuelsson, E Johnson, Clifton, and Krebs, who all also played many games for the team.
Biro, Rosen, and Rousek have "played many games for the team"?

Wtaf?

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Are we ranting yet?

It is obvious to all of us now that Kevyn Adams did this team a complete disservice by thinking a 91 point team could add two 6th/7th defenseman and be out over the top. He relied on defying 100 years of goalie development history thinking Levi could step in, and predictively he needs development time. That’s fine. But now we’re stuck with the goalies everyone knows are either streaky and haven’t put it all together (UPL) or straight up play (Comrie).

He got lucky that a player that fell to 13th overall became one of their only forwards that can win a board battle at 5’9 150 pounds. Incredible. How many times over the last 3 years has it been pointed out by everyone that the defensive zone wingers are easily collapsed upon by a pinching D, and with nowhere to go, turn the puck back over. Or the fact that 4/6 defenseman in the lineup at any point cannot make a quick decision and safe controlled exit to save their lives.

They are wasting time. Again. I bought the rhetoric. I bought that they could grow. But the message has gone stale. You cannot have your Captain, your voice, be one of the worst forwards on ice in the NHL. You cannot look at this defense core and think that the solution was two 6th/7th defenseman, guys that both their former teams literally celebrated being off the roster, could come in and make a material difference. I’m pissed off. They’re so deep in the hole and it’s not even Christmas. Instead of building on last years excitement we’ve become boring and regressed. I’m just upset, it seems like there’s no hope left for the season once again.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Its unreal how some people can watch this team and single out Cozens as a huge problem, when literally the entire bottom 6 is useless.

But sure, lets dump the 22 year old kid after an underwhelming 25 games, so we can put more pressure onto the 18 year old everyone loves. Its Too bad we sent Savoie back to Juniors. We could have gotten even younger dumping out Cozens for him!

Better yet, Maybe in a few seasons we can turn on Benson too when he’s not a super-stud every night at 21.

All the while we still wont have a single actual vet on the team who can actually still perform on the ice and lead that way so maybe the young kids don’t have to feel like its only on them. But no, thats not Cozens problem. He’s got the leadership around him, he’s just shit I guess…

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Lol buddy, your reaching wayyyy too hard if you expect Cozens to win the draw in the OZ (which was on the opposite side from your bench) and expect him to skate off for a change in the middle of the PP in that particular situation.

I agree, dude has been terrible for most of the season but come on man
Tongue in cheek bro ... I get that he needs to be on the ice. But man, other teams don't have guys fumbling pucks like this clown has been this year. He is not handling pressure well...like even a little bit. My fear is that he's really a 40 point talent that we just paid $7M. I don't think that's out of line. Last year looks more like the outlier when you see his skill level, it's low end in most areas of the ice. He's a mediocre passer, shooter and a good skater with a terrible and I mean horrendous hockey IQ.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
The Sabres are 10-14-2 for 22 points in their 26 games. A .423 points percentage (6th worst in the league)

They have 56 games remaining. Assume a minimum of 95 points needed to make the playoffs.

That means they would need 73 points out of a possible 112 remaining points, or a .652 points percentage.

Only 7 teams in the league have a points percentage higher than .652.

What are the chances this team can maintain a .652 pace for 56 games? Not very likely.

That's the position we're in.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Tongue in cheek bro ... I get that he needs to be on the ice. But man, other teams don't have guys fumbling pucks like this clown has been this year. He is not handling pressure well...like even a little bit. My fear is that he's really a 40 point talent that we just paid $7M. I don't think that's out of line. Last year looks more like the outlier when you see his skill level, it's low end in most areas of the ice. He's a mediocre passer, shooter and a good skater with a terrible and I mean horrendous hockey IQ.
A 22 year-old is slumping after a breakout season.

There's no shortage of other disappointing players to criticize. What's with your obsession with Cozens?

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
The Sabres are 10-14-2 for 22 points in their 26 games. A .423 points percentage (6th worst in the league)

They have 56 games remaining. Assume a minimum of 95 points needed to make the playoffs.

That means they would need 73 points out of a possible 112 remaining points, or a .652 points percentage.

What are the chances this team can maintain a .652 pace for 56 games? Not very likely.

Well put. Another way: Essentially 1/3 of the season passed. On pace for ~70 points. Instead need >70 points in remaining 2/3 of season to make playoffs.

Can I has all the maths? Maths don't lie.

Them is the facts...

below excerpted from Talking Heads Crosseyed and Painless

The island of doubt
Is like the taste of medicine
Working by hindsight
Got the message from the oxygen
Making a list
Find the cost of opportunity
Doing it right
Facts are useless in emergencies
The feeling returns
Whenever we close our eyes
Lifting my head
Looking around inside
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Still waiting, still waiting, still waiting, still waiting
Still waiting, still waiting, still waiting, still waiting
Still waiting, still waiting, still waiting, still waiting (for the playoffs, of course)

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Exactly. People laughed when I said this game was the end of any playoff hopes.

It would take a storybook miracle of a season for the sabres to even be in the race in the springtime. It's over. They flamed out once again inn spectacular fashion, before they even had a chance, before the plane ever got off the ground.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
None of this was the point of the discussion..

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Are we ranting yet?

It is obvious to all of us now that Kevyn Adams did this team a complete disservice by thinking a 91 point team could add two 6th/7th defenseman and be out over the top. He relied on defying 100 years of goalie development history thinking Levi could step in, and predictively he needs development time. That’s fine. But now we’re stuck with the goalies everyone knows are either streaky and haven’t put it all together (UPL) or straight up play (Comrie).

He got lucky that a player that fell to 13th overall became one of their only forwards that can win a board battle at 5’9 150 pounds. Incredible. How many times over the last 3 years has it been pointed out by everyone that the defensive zone wingers are easily collapsed upon by a pinching D, and with nowhere to go, turn the puck back over. Or the fact that 4/6 defenseman in the lineup at any point cannot make a quick decision and safe controlled exit to save their lives.

They are wasting time. Again. I bought the rhetoric. I bought that they could grow. But the message has gone stale. You cannot have your Captain, your voice, be one of the worst forwards on ice in the NHL. You cannot look at this defense core and think that the solution was two 6th/7th defenseman, guys that both their former teams literally celebrated being off the roster, could come in and make a material difference. I’m pissed off. They’re so deep in the hole and it’s not even Christmas. Instead of building on last years excitement we’ve become boring and regressed. I’m just upset, it seems like there’s no hope left for the season once again.
I thought we would regress this season but not to this level. It's sad.

Reactions: MOGlLNY

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site

And no one will be held accountable

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Playoffs are a pipe dream now. They've dug themselves too big of a hole.

Reactions: MOGlLNY

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Are we ranting yet?

Good post and level headed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad