Destroying jerseys online

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
One guy burned a Lupul jersey. Lol. Bet he has a Matthews, Tavares and Marner jerseys still in his closet for when they start out hot next season.

Reactions: 17 Clark

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think it's silly and they could at least donate them to Goodwill or something. But it's their property to do what they want with.

Why an adult would want to embarrass themselves by posting a video of their temper tantrum online is beyond me. But people seem to enjoy making fools of themselves on the internet, so it's par for the course.

Reactions: yubbers and Cams

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Yeah that will show MLSE how unhappy you are.
By that logic, I’d like to see people burn their money to show governments what they think of taxes.

It’s stupid. There are far better things they could do with that they’re burning, and there are other ways to make a statement with as much impact.

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
As if they give a f*** about some ass clown burning a jersey :laugh:

By that logic, I’d like to see people burn their money to show governments what they think of taxes.

It’s stupid. There are far better things they could do with that they’re burning, and there are other ways to make a statement with as much impact.

I get what you guys are saying. But consider some of those fans can actually afford to buy $5K-10K for Leafs playoff tickets so cost of jersey could be irrelevant. At the end of the day it's not a good look for MLSE when viral videos of the Leafs jerseys being burned down.

I find when people throw their jerseys on the ice is worse, imagine if Game 7 had a full arena instead of 550 disappointed healthcare workers.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I get what you guys are saying. But consider some of those fans can actually afford to buy $5K-10K for Leafs playoff tickets so cost of jersey could be irrelevant. At the end of the day it's not a good look for MLSE when viral videos of the Leafs jerseys being burned down.

I find when people throw their jerseys on the ice is worse, imagine if Game 7 had a full arena instead of 500 disappointed healthcare workers.

Imagine if the healthcare workers had tossed their 500 jerseys:laugh: On the ice is very impactful without rendering the jersey into debris. Burning the jersey is a little over the top dramatic but its immediate and doesn't require one to be at a game to send the message. I wouldn't do it myself but I don't begrudge others that outlet if they feel cheated because its nearly impossible for the common fan to be heard. They bought the jersey to show loyalty to the team and they trash it because the team has not held up their end. Imagine the stones on Shanny to announce at the presser that everyone did a great job this year. Anything that puts MLSE in the negative light suits an outraged fan base.

Of course almost all of the burnt jerseys will be replaced once the rage subsides and the club does the smallest thing to placate fans.

Reactions: Aus34Matt

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Do what you want with your own property and money but inhaling that burning polyester can’t be good for your health or the environment.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005

And these ways are....? The hammer of social media seems to only work against companies like Disney whp are so terrified of confrontation and protecting their image they flee in terror from any complaint rather than stand their ground. Under performing sports teams don't strike fear of brand loss, especially in a market like Toronto and they have no fear of words on twitter. The Leafs are like the NFL where they know they will sell out season tickets as they were even doing this in the Ballard area. There isn't the same vulnerability as in Vancouver or Edmonton or Winni where there would legitimately could be empty seats and it isn't a social inequality issue that would get main stream media beating the drum. Another failed playoff where "everybody was great" but the regular season success is still there so the merch will still sell, or at least any impact may take years to show up in the ledger.

It would be really funny if fans could show up to the next game in Habs jerseys.:laugh: That would send an unforgettable message but people probably don't want to wait until the club has hunkered down for another year of status quo because things cooled off over the summer and the chance for change is already past. It isn't really fair to expect less than 20000 season ticket holders to be the ones making the point by leaving empty seats and then the message is already too late for the year.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The idiot who burned his Gilmour jersey should be flamed. That man played his ass off and bled for us. Disrespecting Dougie is classless and honestly the stupidest thing I've seen yet. I took my Marner jersey off the wall and threw it at the bottom of my closet, I get people who were upset and burned theirs..but disrespecting a legend like Gilmour for what today's team did is just flat out idiotic.

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
He should have at least removed the Gimour stitching before the burning process. Have a little respect man. We don't have much to be proud of as Leafs fans, but Gilmour circa 1993 is the Holy Grail for some of us.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Some fans/ex fans are destroying jerseys across the city and posting them online. It's your property u can do what u want but the burning of the Gilmour jersey wasn't cool. He bled blue and white and always had the killer instinct. I'm gonna sell my jersey collection myself and take up another passion so I understand the pain.
Must be bad to go that extent

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Do what you want with your own property and money but inhaling that burning polyester can’t be good for your health or the environment.
Burning polyester........

upload_2021-6-4_12-48-2.jpg

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
He should have at least removed the Gilmour stitching before the burning process. Have a little respect man. We don't have much to be proud of as Leafs fans, but Gilmour circa 1993 is the Holy Grail for some of us.
That is the mistake he made. Burn the crest on the front, not the name on the back (unless it's a Marner jersey :sarcasm:).

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
The idiot who burned his Gilmour jersey should be flamed. That man played his ass off and bled for us. Disrespecting Dougie is classless and honestly the stupidest thing I've seen yet. I took my Marner jersey off the wall and threw it at the bottom of my closet, I get people who were upset and burned theirs..but disrespecting a legend like Gilmour for what today's team did is just flat out idiotic.

A Gilmour jersey wow! People are crying because the big stars don't appear to be earning their deals and the guy who is synonymous with leaving it all on the ice gets dragged into it? The issues with the current team and regime are current and if you ever enjoyed watching Dougie or Wendell or Mats how does that fit?

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I think it's silly and they could at least donate them to Goodwill or something. But it's their property to do what they want with.

Why an adult would want to embarrass themselves by posting a video of their temper tantrum online is beyond me. But people seem to enjoy making fools of themselves on the internet, so it's par for the course.
They're like junkies that will do anything for a fix. Even if it means embarrassing themselves. It's so weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad