Destroying jerseys online

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
Some fans/ex fans are destroying jerseys across the city and posting them online. It's your property u can do what u want but the burning of the Gilmour jersey wasn't cool. He bled blue and white and always had the killer instinct. I'm gonna sell my jersey collection myself and take up another passion so I understand the pain.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
If they were really that bitter about the Leafs then they could have sold the jersey or gave it away to a kid that would have loved it. Also, why burn a gilmour jersey? I can't imagine ever being so frustrated that I would literally burn my own stuff. I love the Leafs, frustrated beyond belief this season, but why would I make it worst by destroying my own stuff? Maybe i'm not symbolic enough to find the burning of things I don't like cathartic

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
The internet has destroyed society. Except for this forum of course. :laugh:

In all seriousness -- I have about 12 quality Leafs jerseys and there's zero chance I burn one of them, regardless of how disappointed I am. If you don't want them, donate them or sell them on eBay.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
:laugh: Well done. :thumbu:
I've been laughing at lots of Leafs jokes these past few days lol. All I can do lol
tenor.gif

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Dont see an issue with it. If they want to burn $200+, then its their choice.

leburn98

Jan 28, 2013
Reminds me of the dumbasses burning Nikes due to the Kaepernick endorsement. Just like those idiots, the jersey burners will be at their local sports shop buying their replacements soon enough.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Meh.

I have a Favre jersey I havent worn since he left. Havent destroyed it or got rid of it.

Just don't wear it or donate it or something.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Not gonna lie, I did picture myself putting every Leaf item I own in a box and setting it afire.

Then I came to my senses... I'm not going to re-buy all that stuff for next season :laugh:

So I put it back in the closet, once again, way too early.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Some fans/ex fans are destroying jerseys across the city and posting them online. It's your property u can do what u want but the burning of the Gilmour jersey wasn't cool. He bled blue and white and always had the killer instinct. I'm gonna sell my jersey collection myself and take up another passion so I understand the pain.

dougie bled blue n white so much he played for Montreal..

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
its an outlet for fans in an emotional time. When the sens traded Karlsson I threw out all my jerseys onto the street some of them game worn and autographed.

Thankfully my mom recovered them for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad