Destroying jerseys online

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Meh.

Burn your car, your house, and your jersey and I might be impressed.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Gotta love these moral high ground posters saying donating them is the better option

yes, influencing a youngin to go through the same process we have been is a really good cause.

I do think its dumb to burn jerseys of players like Sundin/Gilmour.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Some fans/ex fans are destroying jerseys across the city and posting them online. It's your property u can do what u want but the burning of the Gilmour jersey wasn't cool. He bled blue and white and always had the killer instinct. I'm gonna sell my jersey collection myself and take up another passion so I understand the pain.
Don't let a disappointing series loss kill your collection
you know down the road you will likely regret it

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Years ago I bought a Mike Peca Leafs Jersey and got a drive like 2 hours away to stand outside in the middle of the winter with a live performance of The Big Comfy Couch.
I got up excited to meet Peca guy wouldn't even look at me. refused to sign my jersey, he did sign a tiny tiny picture of himself and slide it across the table to me. wouldn't even look at me just signing a mountain of pictures and sliding them over to his fans.
I asked "Please Mike can you sign my jersey I came a long way to meet you" again wouldn't even look at me. and the 2 officers on either side of him told me to move along
even worse someone else had a team photo of the 02 Canada Olympic Roster with about 15 signatures on it over the players and Peca refused to sign it.

I still own that jersey today even though it has NEVER seen day light since that moment.
Will never respect Peca again or wear his Jersey. I also refuse to damage it or give away and let a single person even wear that 27. he's a disgrace.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
If you are going to burn a jersey....

what does it say about you that your motivation to do it was a playoff loss and not the Child Sex Abuse that was happening at Maple Leaf Gardens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad