Recalled/Assigned: Despres recalled after Letang injury | Bortuzzo sent to WBS conditioning assignment

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Well the positive here is that if the win streak gets snapped with Depres out of the lineup, Bylsma will never be allowed to scratch him again, lol :yo:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
ARSTHIOP NKSGN:SKDHWP!!!!!!!!111

Just kidding. Knew it had to be done with the roster limit what it is.

Skillzz

Registered Boozer
Jan 27, 2012
Omicron Persei 8
Arm thyselves with pitchfork and torch, brethern, and let us see fit that the heretic (Shero) is brought to justice for this egregious offense

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
So please explain to me the signing of Eaton again? I cannot fathom the need outside of "employing" Mark Eaton.

Didn't we already have enough depth on D with the 2 young guys not playing who are both probably better than Eaton?

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So please explain to me the signing of Eaton again? I cannot fathom the need outside of "employing" Mark Eaton.

Didn't we already have enough depth on D with the 2 young guys not playing who are both probably better than Eaton?

Eaton is fine. Engo is the one that needs to be placed on waivers with Murray and Bortuzzo on the team.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
Eaton is fine. Engo is the one that needs to be placed on waivers with Murray and Bortuzzo on the team.

Engelland makes just over 500k and is signed for one more year. If they wanted to unload him, they could trade him and not waive him. He would definitely have value around the league.

It would be almost pointless to do either cause going forward, a #6 tough guy dman making 566,000 when the cap is being lowered is very valuable.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
he was in and out during the streak so that won't count

Yes but in the season 4 of their 8 losses came with him out of the lineup. They are like 4-4 with him out and something like 21-4 with him in now. If it goes to 5 out of nine losses and the 5th breaks the streak, well at some point you have to realize that what he brings to the team outweighs whatever little rookie mistakes he makes.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Engelland makes just over 500k and is signed for one more year. If they wanted to unload him, they could trade him and not waive him. He would definitely have value around the league.

It would be almost pointless to do either cause going forward, a #6 tough guy dman making 566,000 when the cap is being lowered is very valuable.

I would agree with you if they didn't have Bortuzzo. Murray is here to help them win now, Bortuzzo could be a good 6th/7th d-man next year and could fill in if someone is hurt this year. What purpose does Engo really serve anymore?

Personally, I want him waived/traded because I'm afraid Bylsma (who tends to fall in love with old vets) may play him over Despres.

I'd like to see the defense pairings going into the playoffs look like this:

Orpik-Martin
Despres-Letang
Murray-Niskanen
Eaton
Bortuzzo

Engo would be number 9 on that list if he isn't traded or waived.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
While we're at it I think we should send Bort down on a 3-5 game conditioning assignment. I know he'd stay on the NHL roster but he hasn't played in a while and WB/S could use the boost as well.

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
While we're at it I think we should send Bort down on a 3-5 game conditioning assignment. I know he'd stay on the NHL roster but he hasn't played in a while and WB/S could use the boost as well.

I think a conditioning stint is only allowed if the player was injured.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
**** I knew this ****ing **** would happen. **** you Shero. Obviously getting ready to trade the kid, arguably the best d-man on the roster. So great, he overpays on two washed up old ******** and now sends Despres to the chopping block.

FML.

FTT.

FIA.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
**** I knew this ****ing **** would happen. **** you Shero. Obviously getting ready to trade the kid, arguably the best d-man on the roster. So great, he overpays on two washed up old ******** and now sends Despres to the chopping block.

FML.

FTT.

FIA.

:sarcasm:?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad