Recalled/Assigned: Despres recalled after Letang injury | Bortuzzo sent to WBS conditioning assignment

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Not sure why no one has mentioned it yet, but Simon is back up with Letang to IR

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 29m NEWS ALERT: #Pens recall defenseman Simon Despres; place Kris Letang on Injured Reserve: http://pens.pe/10dZEme

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
Update from the injury thread:

Bad news. RDS is reporting Letang actually has a broken toe.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 3h
Kris Letang is not lucky. A broken toe is the new injury. Lower body still hurting. #penguins #RDS

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Update from the injury thread:

Bad news. RDS is reporting Letang actually has a broken toe.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 3h
Kris Letang is not lucky. A broken toe is the new injury. Lower body still hurting. #penguins #RDS

Well this time around he is going to heal 100% before coming back. Can't afford going into the playoffs without him being 100%

Bar Down

Bar Mexico
Jan 28, 2013
Beneath PPG Paints
How long does a broken toe take to heal?

At the earliest, I would think we wouldn't see him until the playoffs. That is, of course, a total guess considering I have no idea how long a broken toe takes to heal. I would think if it's the big toe it would take longer.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Pens are very fortunate that their replacements for Letang and MAF are just slightly less skilled. I don't think the Pen's lose very much at all with these guys out.

This still doesn't excuse Bylsma for ever scratching Depres. Getting Malkin back will be a huge plus (considering the Pens actually have him replace their worst forward).

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
How long does a broken toe take to heal?

At the earliest, I would think we wouldn't see him until the playoffs. That is, of course, a total guess considering I have no idea how long a broken toe takes to heal. I would think if it's the big toe it would take longer.

I've broken toes. Takes a week or two. Broken toes aren't a big deal, I usually just favored the other foot a bit while they healed.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Posted this in the other thread, but here's the update:

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly

Bylsma: Letang lower bosy, 7-10 days; Malkin still day to day; Fleury still being evaluated and now new info but not ruled out as backup Thu

7-10 days is pretty minor compared to what could have been.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not on a conditioning assignment. He's still on the NHL roster.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
my girlfriend actually lost her toe, but she doesnt really believe in anything

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I've broken several toes between hockey, football, and a concrete patio in the backyard. They're not fun, but you just tape 'em up and play once you can put the weight on that foot again. Shouldn't been much more than a week or two.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Not on a conditioning assignment. He's still on the NHL roster.

How are the Pens allowed to do that? I thought conditioning assignments are only permitted following an injury to that player. Bortuzzo's not hurt, he's just been a healthy scratch (as far as I know).

Whakahere

Jan 27, 2004
Germany
So our depth on the defense will be well served then. Last few years teams have died in their run because of injuries to defense. We have more NHL bodies back their with experience or young skill to weather these this out. It sucks that legtang is out but at least we know we can keep rolling fine without him. We need Malkin back though. this team can't keep this up without that second line rolling as well.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Why wouldn't they be allowed? They aren't really getting away with anything. He's still on the NHL roster and he's still getting an NHL paycheck. And Bortuzzo has to agree to the assignment, so obviously he's cool with it.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Why wouldn't they be allowed? They aren't really getting away with anything. He's still on the NHL roster and he's still getting an NHL paycheck. And Bortuzzo has to agree to the assignment, so obviously he's cool with it.

Shero: Hey Borts, have a seat. Hey look, so we may need you to agree to a conditioning assignment... you don't mind, do you?

Borts: Well, I mean, I kinda wanted to stay up here... I mean...

<phone rings>

Shero: Oh, excuse me a sec, sorry, this won't take long. Hello? Bob! Great to hear from ya, buddy! What's that? Oh, you're thrilled with Morrow? That's great news, I'm glad you're happy with the kid! What's that? Oh, you may want to make a similar deal? Another young roster-ready d-man? Welll... hrmmm... I have someone in mind... give me a bit, I'll get back to you.

<hangs up>

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Borts: ... I look forward to the conditioning assignment.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Shero: Hey Borts, have a seat. Hey look, so we may need you to agree to a conditioning assignment... you don't mind, do you?

Borts: Well, I mean, I kinda wanted to stay up here... I mean...

<phone rings>

Shero: Oh, excuse me a sec, sorry, this won't take long. Hello? Bob! Great to hear from ya, buddy! What's that? Oh, you're thrilled with Morrow? That's great news, I'm glad you're happy with the kid! What's that? Oh, you may want to make a similar deal? Another young roster-ready d-man? Welll... hrmmm... I have someone in mind... give me a bit, I'll get back to you.

<hangs up>

I'm sorry, you were saying?

Borts: ... I look forward to the conditioning assignment.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad