GDT: Despite what it sounds like outside, we are not playing the Cardinals tonight, it’s the Hawks

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Dzingel is getting no love despite showing great promise when getting close to 16 minutes a game against TB and Dallas. He has gotten about 11 minutes a game that last two everyone is "healthy" games.

ill reluctantly not complain about SAT not being together. Still would like to see Dzingel get a greater opportunity on either the Aho or Tro lines.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
I HAVE A BAD FEELING ABOUT 5-6 NOT COMPLAINING.
:laugh::laugh: My complaining on lines wasnt constant just a newer trend. If we dont win then I will go back to it.

Outside of today's game it would be a win for everyone. We either win more because I will complain constantly (because that will be a thing) or I complain about the lines less. :D We win either way.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I think NN's success is important to the team due to the length of his sizable contract. He's worked best with Aho, to a noticeable degree. Svech works magic no matter who he's lined up with...let Trocheck and Necas continue to have their boats risen by his presence. Dzingel is an afterthought...he does not drive this team in any way, and he doesn't need to find a place in order for his value to be fulfilled before he's allowed to walk in free agency.

IN ROD I TRUST

Is Fast back yet?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think NN's success is important to the team due to the length of his sizable contract. He's worked best with Aho, to a noticeable degree. Svech works magic no matter who he's lined up with...let Trocheck and Necas continue to have their boats risen by his presence. Dzingel is an afterthought...he does not drive this team in any way, and he doesn't need to find a place in order for his value to be fulfilled before he's allowed to walk in free agency.

IN ROD I TRUST

Is Fast back yet?

I wish.

R4636e91c18dd7934c1a0a3c5f98c306a

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017

IN ROD I TRUST

Is Fast back yet?
I dont think we should bury a guy in a bad situation just because he doesnt need to find value before leaving in FA. We dont have to lessen Nino's success by doing increasing Dzingel either. The point is to win hockey games. Having a goal scorer being put in only non-goal scoring situations seems counterintuitive. Dzingel looked confident and capable when his numbers were increased due to others being out. Instead we are overplaying 4th liners for the sake of balance. Dzingel isnt Skinner who was out of place and didnt play a 200 foot game. Is he a strong 200 foot player? no. Is he terrible, no.

He was partnered with Staal and Lorentz for the most part of the 3 games. The first lightning game and, surprisingly, the 2nd Dallas game were the lines better games. good CF%, good xGF%, etc. The 1st Dallas game was a struggle for any line combo Staal had. He was in the 30s all night for CF%. According to natural stat trick.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Fun Fact: The Canes will go for their 7th win in as many games vs the Hawks tonight (or 10th win in the last 12 matchups. The Hawks struggle mightily against several traditional Eastern Conference teams during regular season play, and Carolina is one of them (Philadelphia and Tampa Bay are two of those teams as well but Chicago beat both in 6 games in postseason play).

The Canes will go for their 5th straight win at the United Center.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Fun Fact: The Canes will go for their 7th win in as many games vs the Hawks tonight (or 10th win in the last 12 matchups. The Hawks struggle mightily against several traditional Eastern Conference teams during regular season play, and Carolina is one of them (Philadelphia and Tampa Bay are two of those teams as well but Chicago beat both in 6 games in postseason play).

The Canes will go for their 5th straight win at the United Center.

f***. We are doomed.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Lines are still a bit jumbled due to players needing to be eased back after the COVID thing so while they look a bit strange I don't mind it. One thing I'll say is with Necas playing the way that he is and wanting the puck on his stick all the time I don't think it would make sense to have Svech on that line right now. I think Tro will be the glue for that line and handle himself defensively but I just hope we keep getting a Nino who is engaged and likes to get in on the action because that 2nd line could be a tough one to play against or get roasted if they don't gel properly. I wish Dzingel could play RW more as I think you'd see him be able to slide up the lineup better but we're kind of jammed up on LW with Svech, Nino, and Foegele slotting where they do. Alright though as he can feast on weaker competition but just some limited minutes unfortunately.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I think give reimer this game. You'll need to give ned one of the cbj games this weekend and while it might be good to give him a supposedly weaker team to warm up on I'd rather ride reimer's momentum when every game means more than a normal year

Merzlikins is out so Ned can go up against the blue jackets 3rd goalie if Merzlikins is out then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad