GDT: Despite what it sounds like outside, we are not playing the Cardinals tonight, it’s the Hawks

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How many games in a row can we give the other team chances instead of putting our foot on their necks? Who needs thumbs anyway? What's the over/under on the number of games together before Tripp goes deaf after a Maniscalco goal call?

Should be fun.

“They SCOOOOOOOORE. It’s just! I don’t! The Canes are...! Wow!”

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Lankinen makes a huge difference from subban and whoever else they were rolling out there. Chicago's not terrible
Absolutely but in the first game their skaters were bad too. They had little possession and when they had Ozone time their chances were pretty weak. I saw part of a game of theirs before we played them and they looked like a completely different team, as they did against us.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
In the last game, the Canes didn’t play particularly well, but I think they should have still come out of the game with a win in regulation. Two of the three CHI goals came off of d-zone mistakes, the Slavin turnover and the Martinook/Skjei collision. If they clean up those mistakes, they “should” take the 2 points tonight too, but I guess that’s why they play, right?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
In the last game, the Canes didn’t play particularly well, but I think they should have still come out of the game with a win in regulation. Two of the three CHI goals came off of d-zone mistakes, the Slavin turnover and the Martinook/Skjei collision. If they clean up those mistakes, they “should” take the 2 points tonight too, but I guess that’s why they play, right?

Marty and Slavin had some, you know, quarantine rust. I'm sure that they'll shake it off sooner than later.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Absolutely but in the first game their skaters were bad too. They had little possession and when they had Ozone time their chances were pretty weak. I saw part of a game of theirs before we played them and they looked like a completely different team, as they did against us.

Yes, they were awful in that first game, and haven't had a large amount of possession in general. Their top D for Corsi is de Haan at 52.2%.

But I do think they've adjusted to collapse on the defensive and and try Route 1 to spring their goal scorers. And as we saw, they are actually pretty good at that part.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Yes, they were awful in that first game, and haven't had a large amount of possession in general. Their top D for Corsi is de Haan at 52.2%.

But I do think they've adjusted to collapse on the defensive and and try Route 1 to spring their goal scorers. And as we saw, they are actually pretty good at that part.

A former Canes defenseman is the best defenseman that the Hawks have in terms of possession? You don't say...

In all seriousness, that's hilarious.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
So anyway will Ned get a start in Chicago (IMO he should) or will we throw him to the Blue Jackets which IMO is a worse plan... Or will we tried to Ride Reimer Forever and only give up that plan when he's broken down Like a wreck at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
So anyway will Ned get a start in Chicago (IMO he should) or will we through him to the Blue jackets which IMO is a worse plan... Or will we tried to Ride Reimer Forever and only give up that plan when he's broken down Like a wreck at the bottom of the Atlantic.

I definitely don't see riding Reimer to the breaking point. Ned will get one of the 2 Columbus games.

Tonight I see both sides: get Ned some time against an easier foe before Columbus vs ride the clearly superior goalie to maximize wins where we can. I'm leaning toward Reimer tonight and Monday and giving Ned the Sunday matinee.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How many games in a row can we give the other team chances instead of putting our foot on their necks? Who needs thumbs anyway? What's the over/under on the number of games together before Tripp goes deaf after a Maniscalco goal call?

Should be fun.

I think the Canes players realize that skates are very sharp and putting their foot on another players neck could be dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad