Confirmed with Link: Deslauriers traded to Anaheim for 2020 4th round pick.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A thought just occurred to me. Here we are thinking he's unloaded salary to open cap space to sign a UFA or two. What if he was impressed with a number of try outs at the development camp and wanted to make room for a few?

cashinstinct

Cash is King
Jul 2, 2014
What's our cap situation like now?
Montreal Canadiens - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
PROJECTED CAP HIT
q.svg
: 67.9M

PROJECTED LTIR USED
q.svg
: 0

PROJECTED CAP SPACE
q.svg
: 13.6M

Reactions: donghabs98

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
A thought just occurred to me. Here we are thinking he's unloaded salary to open cap space to sign a UFA or two. What if he was impressed with a number of try outs at the development camp and wanted to make room for a few?
No chance he traded Shaw just to sit on that cap space! There was no rush/need to trade him if he didn't need more cap space.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec

Well then, he just would have needed to send a couple guys down... no need to trade anybody.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

possible. And to be honest I wouldn't be that upset with standing pat. I'd love a real shot at a lottery pick. One more true high end prospect and we could really be set. Imagine a Lafreniere or even a Holtz or a Raymond to go along with the rest of our pool and young core?

If we were just gonna take some bad contracts for real high end assets I might actually be better with that then overpaying for Duchene (though I'm fine with that as well).

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You can only have 50 contracts signed no matter where they play. We're at 45 or 44 I think.

Not as much as it seems, still have to sign Armia and Lehkonen…...but do we really have to sign both of them if we add a forward?
#TradeBait

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad