Pre-Game Talk: Desert Doggie Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
They should give Skinner the Vegas game. He’s more then likely going to be the backup next season so give him a tough game and see how he does.

Reactions: Aerchon

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
I want to see more Skinner.
upload_2021-10-20_20-38-26.jpeg

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
As @Oilhawks pointed out, Stalock was a waiver claim. So you don’t have to be pissed about wasted assets.
Just to add to this if you want to blame anyone for Forsberg it would be Waddell he only claimed him so he could attempt to trade him right back and KH told him to pound sand. Going further with the NHL knowing teams would need at minimum 3 goalies last year and the expanded Taxi Squad roster, they could have easily written exemption rules for 3rd string goalies and waivers to the taxi squad. The oil are not the only team to lose a goalie last year from the leagues short sightedness

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Koskinen was pretty close to perfect last night (was a big part of salvaging 2 pts) so I don't see why they won't roll with him in these next two games.

Until he proves he's still the Koskinen from last season... I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's going to have a big bounce back season (and my guess is that the coaches are giving him that same chance as well).

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Did you want to give up our first and Kosk and Samorukov for Kuemper? Once the Avs lost Grubauer they paid a premium for him and I am glad we bowed out of that one.

Well you better hope Skinner shows us something. The price for a 1A isn’t going to go down much either at the TDL or next offseason.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Not defending the GM but the options available this summer like Grubauer (.867) don't seem to play well so far. The sample size is small though. The stats will likely be better by the end of the season.

Yeah it’s far too early to make a judgment on a goalie move yet. Kuemper, Ullmark, Nedeljovic, Grubauer and MAF all have had rough starts to the year.

Heck even Vasilvesky is struggling.

We’ll have a more accurate picture of what we missed out on by December.

OfCorsiDid

Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Please...what the hell would you call this past off season, not getting the job done? GTFOuta here with that tired trope.

If you call not making a move for a better goalie and improving the offence at the cost of the defence “getting the job done”. Then sure, yeah Holland got the job done.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I would say the odds of Koskinen appearing in both games isn’t low. That’s irrespective of starts.

Especially after Smith got 3 in a row. Unless Smith is out longer than a week or Koskinen gets hurt or stinks it up, this is likely just a recall for Skinner to sit on the bench for a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00