Describe the broadcaster for your team

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I personally love Jack Edwards, he's always great when the Devils take on Boston

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
RDS :

Pierre Houde (PBP) : incredibly good at what he does and super respected. Famous for trying REALLY hard to pronounce european names correctly.

Former NHL goalie Marc Denis (Color/analyst) : Super articulated and always brings interesting insights on what's going on. He's much MUCH better than who was doing it before. Not entertaining tho.

TVS Sports :

Bunch of clowns.

So I'll add the English side.

John Bartlett: He does his job well, you can tell he prepares for the broadcasts, and he knows his stuff. I'm not a fan of his voice, but thats subjective.

Jason York: He adds no value to the broadcast IMO. He's just like the nice guy that doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, with overly simplistic observations. I think Bartlett could do a better job on his own.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Cangi- "SCARRRRS!!!!"

Dano- Your drunken uncle that everyone loves

I personally love Jack Edwards, he's always great when the Devils take on Boston

He's really not bad. People who think he's all homer all the time have only seen the YT clips and not actually heard him call a game

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Rick Peckham: probably the most underrated play by play broadcasters in the league. There's no one else I'd rather have calling my game. Love him.

Brian Engblom: he can be a geek sometimes and lauds the opposition a little too much sometimes. But to his credit, his impartial nature (lightning fans wish he would be more of a homer) allows for a point of view we never got to have with Bobby Taylor because he was biased as they come.

Dave Mishkin: some would consider him a hack and it's fun to poke at the way he calls a goal but he paints a vivid picture when his calls the action. I've gotten used to him.

Phil Esposito: the most brash, biased and cantankerous old man you'd ever see. He does his job well but makes Jack Edwards look like a moderate. Listening to him is like going to the game with your grandfather who can teach you better than anyone but is also the type who would yell at his wife, "who gives a **** if the kids can hear me swear? They're what six and eight? They've heard all this **** before from their own mother! Guarantee it!"

He then takes your grandson out and gives him his first sip of beer and teaches him how not take crap on the ice from anyone

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Jack Edwards-Terrible, makes Gorilla Monsoon seem unbiased
Andy Brickley-Pretty good, big handicap working with Edwards.

I should mention the only hockey broadcaster I can't stand more than Edwards is Dave Mishkin who makes me want to vomit whenever I hear him on XM doing a call.

Dave Goucher-Solid, well informed and calls a good game.
Bob Beers-Never have been a big fan, something just doesn't sit right with me regarding Beers. Seems unprepared some nights.

I won't even go into the NESN studio crew.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Stars

Dave Strader: One of the best in the business. Get well soon, Dave. We miss you.

Daryl Reaugh: Also, one of the best color guys in the business. Most expansive vocabulary I've ever seen. Learning the PbP ropes in Strader's absence. Tends to do too much on his PbP, but he's learning.

Craig Ludwig: Filling in for Razor while Razor fills in for Strader. He's not bad, but Stars fans have been spoiled for the last 20 years.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
John Kelly-Very professional, very straight forward. Almost robotic. Very well prepared. He knows the players on both teams exceptionally well.

Darren Pang-Goofball that you either love or hate. He overdoes it sometimes with his phrase(spinning on his head and spitting out a wooden nickel, the ol' nine of hearts etc.) but I tend to like him. He keeps John Kelly loose. If nothing else he's much better than Federko.

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
John Kelly-Very professional, very straight forward. Almost robotic. Very well prepared. He knows the players on both teams exceptionally well.

Darren Pang-Goofball that you either love or hate. He overdoes it sometimes with his phrase(spinning on his head and spitting out a wooden nickel, the ol' nine of hearts etc.) but I tend to like him. He keeps John Kelly loose. If nothing else he's much better than Federko.

I love his enthusiasm, but they need to mute his mic when Kelly is calling a play lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Jack Edwards...Passionate and knows his stuff.

Many dislike him but as a B's fan I love him.

When I am at the home games and something happens I always wonder what Jack has to say.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Jack Edwards-Terrible, makes Gorilla Monsoon seem unbiased
Andy Brickley-Pretty good, big handicap working with Edwards.

I should mention the only hockey broadcaster I can't stand more than Edwards is Dave Mishkin who makes me want to vomit whenever I hear him on XM doing a call.

Dave Goucher-Solid, well informed and calls a good game.
Bob Beers-Never have been a big fan, something just doesn't sit right with me regarding Beers. Seems unprepared some nights.

I won't even go into the NESN studio crew.

Dave Goucher is excellent. I love his voice.

Brick is good too..

I love Jack.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Rick Peckham: probably the most underrated play by play broadcasters in the league. There's no one else I'd rather have calling my game. Love him.

Brian Engblom: he can be a geek sometimes and lauds the opposition a little too much sometimes. But to his credit, his impartial nature (lightning fans wish he would be more of a homer) allows for a point of view we never got to have with Bobby Taylor because he was biased as they come.

Dave Mishkin: some would consider him a hack and it's fun to poke at the way he calls a goal but he paints a vivid picture when his calls the action. I've gotten used to him.

Phil Esposito: the most brash, biased and cantankerous old man you'd ever see. He does his job well but makes Jack Edwards look like a moderate. Listening to him is like going to the game with your grandfather who can teach you better than anyone but is also the type who would yell at his wife, "who gives a **** if the kids can hear me swear? They're what six and eight? They've heard all this **** before from their own mother! Guarantee it!"

He then takes your grandson out and gives him his first sip of beer and teaches him how not take crap on the ice from anyone

Espo is hilarious. He yells and moans louder than the fans on this board when Tampa is penalized, or if the other team isn't. But hearing a game broadcast by an all-time great player is worth the bias. You know exactly where you stand with Phil, which is usually next to the beer keg.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Dave Goucher is excellent. I love his voice.

Brick is good too..

I love Jack.

Yeah, Brick is good, plus you get the authentic Bah-stun accent.

Jack is an acquired taste which, after so many years, I've acquired. His unvarnished fandom is ridiculous, but it's his 'thing', as much as the screeching maniacal goal calls from the announcers in Pittsburgh and Philly. And to Jack's credit, he gives full credit to the other team's players.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Steigerwald: ****ing clown shoes.
Errey: Decent insight, but too easily gets caught up in Steigerwald's idiocy. "Lovable goof," as he was referred to as earlier, fits him perfectly.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Paul Steigerwald--awful

Bob Errey--ridiculous homer, great eyesight, kind of funny

Edit:

Follow the panthers too, so I'll do them

Goldstein--solid, loves saying the name "Kulikov"

Potvin--drunk

Edit #2:

Potvin: Drunk
Since Goldie is ordinary, I will put Potvin again: Very drunk

:laugh: