Derick Brassard's playoffs

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I do mainly agree with what you said, the Pens, and NHL teams in general are very shady regarding injury... However, I legitimately believe that they mis-diagnosed Sid's neck injury as a concussion, due to the symptoms. Hell it could have even been a concussion on top of the neck injury.

Im skeptical of that cause I heard the Broken neck thing from a very reputable source with UPMC shortly after it happened and simply didn't believe it... Maybe they just guessed on the symptoms but i cannot fathom why she'd lie to us... its far easier to believe the pens, with a lot of shady injury history... hid it to keep fan hopes up...

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I do mainly agree with what you said, the Pens, and NHL teams in general are very shady regarding injury... However, I legitimately believe that they mis-diagnosed Sid's neck injury as a concussion, due to the symptoms. Hell it could have even been a concussion on top of the neck injury.

Considering the entire medical staff was fired I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion aside from Sid's injury being misdiagnosed.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
The beauty here is that the Pens have him for another year, and at 3m vs Bonino at 4m. Give the guy a full offseason, training camp and regular season with the team, then we will see if this worked out or not.

Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Hagelin - Malkin - Kessel
Rust - Brassard - Sprong
ZAR - Sheahan - Simon

Looks like a killer forward lineup to me. I'm not even including Sheary here, or Kuhnhackl. Pens are going to rest up for the first time since 2015 and come back strong next season.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think the injury was a major problem. I've seen him play a lot of hockey and he clearly wasn't right. His line was also snake-bitten.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I would say there is an excuse in there somewhere. I didn't like his game all playoffs. After all the hyping of Sheary I've listened to over the last two years, hard to look at him as a negative.

Explanations are legit reasons why something happened, excuses are things you make up.

Sharey has been dogshit for a while now. Watching him every game, he falls down more than anything else.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Brassard was terrible, no excuse for it.

His excuse is that he was playing with a groin injury. According to JR, it was an injury that made it hard for him to play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad