Player Discussion Derick Brassard

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One way in which this guy was advertised coming in was inconsistent. I have seen some of that.

Another way in which he was advertised was lazy. I have never seen that. Not once since the trade went down. He busts his ass and is a much more complete player than he gets credit for.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
One way in which this guy was advertised coming in was inconsistent. I have seen some of that.

Another way in which he was advertised was lazy. I have never seen that. Not once since the trade went down. He busts his ass and is a much more complete player than he gets credit for.

With Stepan out, they've relied on Brass much more in the defensive role and I think he's played well there. Can definitely be used on the PK and be adequate.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brassard's FO% in the last 5 games:

52.17 against DET
65.22 against STL
57.14 against WPG
56.25 against MIN (!!!)
62.50 against MTL

He's at 56% for the season.

He's been better in literally every aspect of his game this year. Physical play, faceoffs, defense, offense, forechecking, penalty killing, protecting leads, etc.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Another great game

Management showed a lot of faith in him giving him that deal and he's ready for it

Might be a better fit with nash and MSL than Stepan

Didn't CK Stepan Zucc look great for awhile last year?

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Another great game

Management showed a lot of faith in him giving him that deal and he's ready for it

Might be a better fit with nash and MSL than Stepan

Didn't CK Stepan Zucc look great for awhile last year?
Ya they worked well together. Brassard stepping up with nash and MSL is very important. Now we can start to form permanent lines

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I have a feeling that's what U see on Saturday

Along with

Hags moore Stempniak
And
Glass hayes Duclair

Not a fan of putting the kids on the 4th line with glass of all people but have a feeling that's what AV is going to do

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I have a feeling that's what U see on Saturday

Along with

Hags moore Stempniak
And
Glass hayes Duclair

Not a fan of putting the kids on the 4th line with glass of all people but have a feeling that's what AV is going to do

I don't agree.

I think with Stepan back, AV drops D.Moore to 4C.

MTrangers

Oct 26, 2012
Missoula, MT
He's such an intelligent player down low in the zone. It's amazing how many times I see him with time and space behind the net at even strength. Now I understand why people call him Gretzky-lite-lite.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Very impressed by Brassard this year. On his way to be the team´s no 1 center.
And equivalent disappointed by Zucc. They seem to go in opposite directions, and it sure looks like the organization knew what they did when they gave Brass the big contract and not Zucc.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Very impressed by Brassard this year. On his way to be the team´s no 1 center.
And equivalent disappointed by Zucc. They seem to go in opposite directions, and it sure looks like the organization knew what they did when they gave Brass the big contract and not Zucc.

Well Zucc for all the toughness he has he still has problems being knocked off the puck and winning battles by the boards... Zucc relys on chemistry and skill to be successful. With all these injuries and inconsistent lines Zucc has no idea where anyone is. Stepan coming back and the lines settling back down will help Zucc improve

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Well Zucc for all the toughness he has he still has problems being knocked off the puck and winning battles by the boards... Zucc relys on chemistry and skill to be successful. With all these injuries and inconsistent lines Zucc has no idea where anyone is. Stepan coming back and the lines settling back down will help Zucc improve

Agreed. I'm honestly surprised we're doing as well as we are with all of the shuffling going around. Once it settles down and Zuccs knows who he's playing with and learns their tendencies, his numbers will improve.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Brassard may end up outproducing Stepan this year. Which would of course be absolutely huge for this team.

Well he has a 12 game headstart...

good for him playing well though, I think we should also just probably expect some stretches where he doesn't score. Which is fine as long as he's still playing hard

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Brass came in looking like a dynamo--remember the 11 points in 13 games after we picked him up? The key for him is bringing the intensity each night. He's been extremely impressive thus far and I'm confident he can keep it up, but that is definitely the key for him.

SupersonicMonkey*

All the negative talk about Zuccarello, he was pretty good last night.

Brassard has been outstanding. We need him to be.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011

Just imagine if Nash-Brass-MSL keeps it up and Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello cand find back to their games last year. That is two awesome lines. And add Hags-Hayes-Duclair. It could be good :)

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland

Yes. Brass has been very good and a pleasant surprise. Really living up to his contract.
I have heard that Zuccarello has been pretty banged up for most of the season so far, something which has hurt him a lot as his small margin play easily gets off tracked when his health and quickness are not 100%. Once he is fit for fight I am sure the points will come in nice numbers

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Looks very good, but like it has been mentioned, consistency has always been an issue with him. If he can avoid any lengthy cold streaks, he should put up a very good year.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Looks very good, but like it has been mentioned, consistency has always been an issue with him. If he can avoid any lengthy cold streaks, he should put up a very good year.

I'd be happy with him coming in around the 50-60 point range. I'm not going to expect huge consistency and production from him but an improvement over previous years would be good

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
As long as one of his hot streaks comes during the postseason, I don't care how inconsistent he is in the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad