Player Discussion Derick Brassard

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
He's slotted in nicely at 1C with the absence of Stepan, I'm not surprised because I thought he was capable of doing it but he's exceeded by expectations. He could be better on the power play however, but that's a common theme with this teams PP.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
He is doing great but i still want him to shoot a little more often him and Zucc often get caught trying to pass the puck into the net. Brassard has a great shot and a good slapper would like to c him use it

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Happy to have brass . He has skill and creativity this team needs .
People didnt think much about him in the Gaborik trade but he's turned out to be best player we got in the deal. And IMO more valuable then gaborik for this team considering he's a centerman

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Been very good so far after a lackluster preseason. He and Zucc have chemistry, no doubt about that. Just need to find a consistent third piece for them (that isn't Hagelin).

If he can keep putting up 45-50 points and be a factor in big playoff games, his contract is great for us.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I think Zucc-Brash-Nash is going to be an extremely fun line to watch if it sticks for the rest of the season. Nash has reverted to his typical style of play and he's been an absolute monster for us so far this season. Pair that with Brass and Zucc's skill and creativity, and you get one hell of a potent offensive line.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
can't say enough to praise him so far this year...he didn't just go from being the #3 center and getting the 'easy' matchups to the #1 center, he went to being the ONLY center and having to face the toughest matchups and he's almost doubled his production

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The only word that can adequately describe Brassard's play this year is "inspiring".

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I remember when he signed the extension. I saw the news, was thrilled, came to HFNYR to share in the joy... and was absolutely dumbfounded by the reactions in the signing thread. Something like 75% of posters hated the deal and most of the rest were just meh about it. :shakehead

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
He'll never be a dominant force but he's perfect as a 2nd line center.

All the negativity surrounding his contract was confusing. He was asked to be a 3rd line center and did well, but in 2013 and this season, he has 35 points in 37 games as either a 1c or 2c.

Clearly he can fill the role.

His numbers are on par with 2Cs over his career. The hate his contract got was ridiculous. people would've been perfectly fine handing him 4.7 but for some reason they lost their **** with 5.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I remember when he signed the extension. I saw the news, was thrilled, came to HFNYR to share in the joy... and was absolutely dumbfounded by the reactions in the signing thread. Something like 75% of posters hated the deal and most of the rest were just meh about it. :shakehead

I think a lot of it was the shock value of seeing $5 million plus the rumored number going up as the summer went along. We were hearing 4-4.5 and it seemed to go up by the day. Someone brought it up but I wonder what the reactions are if it's 4.9 instead of 5 million.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I think a lot of it was the shock value of seeing $5 million plus the rumored number going up as the summer went along. We were hearing 4-4.5 and it seemed to go up by the day. Someone brought it up but I wonder what the reactions are if it's 4.9 instead of 5 million.

We heard 4-4.5 for 1 year, we bought a bunch of UFA years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad