Player Discussion Derek Stepan (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Cheers, Derek.

It's not easy being parachuted in to a new team to be a vet leader during a rebuild.

Add COVID and being separated from your family. That's gotta be heart-breaking. Hopefully the team is doing what it can to support you through this. I imagine giving you your proper jersey number was the smallest of gestures of support.

I would hope all the people fretting over Bell's hypocritical mental health & mass-layoff February would also be more interested in the personal-interest story here, rather than keel-hauling Dorion for his miscalculation.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I feel like San Jose is a prime landing spot, aren’t they playing in Arizona as well?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Simpson is a moron

Wasn’t he pushing the play hogberg then daccord agenda?

No wonder this guy doesn’t work for an nhl team anymore

Reactions: Liver King

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Simpson is a moron

Wasn’t he pushing the play hogberg then daccord agenda?

No wonder this guy doesn’t work for an nhl team anymore

Imo he isn't a moron. He has some good takes with some out there ones. He just thinks out loud A LOT which leads to some poor takes sometimes lol.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He’s bang on 90% of the time. Not a moron.
He’s predictable

You don’t give Murray 7 games to find his game then play the 3rd string goalie after riding hogberg s tip on the radio . I can see why he isn’t on an nhl team anymore

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He’s predictable

You don’t give Murray 7 games to find his game then play the 3rd string goalie after riding hogberg s tip on the radio . I can see why he isn’t on an nhl team anymore
He’s smarter than Dorion. Not sure why you’d be insulting simmer in all of this.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
He’s smarter than Dorion. Not sure why you’d be insulting simmer in all of this.
Cause he was quote above

I think they are both morons . Simmer doesn’t run a team so he can say whatever he wants without much blow back but he is the same guy who was pumping up hogberg then when hogberg shit the bed he quickly jumped ship :laugh:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Cause he was quote above

I think they are both morons . Simmer doesn’t run a team so he can say whatever he wants without much blow back but he is the same guy who was pumping up hogberg then when hogberg shit the bed he quickly jumped ship :laugh:
Well yeah. Murray was dying out there and our backup is coming off a good season in the A.
So of course you want to get him in there for a couple games.
Can’t fault a guy for not predicting the future.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Well yeah. Murray was dying out there and our backup is coming off a good season in the A.
So of course you want to get him in there for a couple games.
Can’t fault a guy for not predicting the future.
Um not he was adamant about hogberg should now be the started then jumped to saying we should play daccord while dumping all over Murray saying he won’t be a starter

He just wants his takes to be out there . That’s not how a team is run though especially a young guy like Murray who should be allowed to play through his issue and see what we have with him .

some takes j agree with Simmer but my personal opinion I can see why he isn’t on an nhl team anymore

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Who cares what those guys say, they're members of the media and it really doesnt matter. The way Murray was playing I also thought he should just be put on the pine for a while and work oj it in practice. Glad to see he is working through it in game now instead.

I only care what Dorion does and this was another dumb trade from the moment it was made. Not sure why there's always sensitivity about just calling it what is.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Well, he took a roster spot so had we not acquired him one fewer player would have been sent down/waivrd, maybe thats Balcers, maybe it's Chlapik or maybe it's L.Brown

If anything the Paquette or Watson deals were the deals that were a lot more related to Balcers. Stepan only plays center.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If anything the Paquette or Watson deals were the deals that were a lot more related to Balcers. Stepan only plays center.

I don’t think they were. Those guys were brought in to be 4th liners. Balcers would have had to play in the top 9 to be truly given a chance. I just think management didn’t believe in his potential anymore and too many prospects passed him on the depth chart : Norris/L.Brown/Formenton/Chlapik/Batherson/etc..

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don’t think they were. Those guys were brought in to be 4th liners. Balcers would have had to play in the top 9. I just think too many prospects passed him on the depth chart according to DJ Dorion. Norris/L.Brown/Formenton/Chlapik/Batherson/etc..

Sure, but had they not been here they could've kept Balcers in the lineup is what I'm saying. Maybe as 13th Forward but the poster was implying that Stepan cost us a 2nd and Balcers... We acquired many other players on the wings.

If anything the Stepan deal might've got L.Brown sent down for a month.

Anyways I don't see where Balcers fits in this lineup at any point in the future. We have too many guys coming in.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Sure, but had they not been here they could've kept Balcers in the lineup is what I'm saying.

I see what you’re saying, but he would have gotten the Chlapik treatment in that case (taxi squad + 1 NHL game so far) so I’m not sure how beneficial that would have been.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well, he took a roster spot so had we not acquired him one fewer player would have been sent down/waivrd, maybe thats Balcers, maybe it's Chlapik or maybe it's L.Brown

would you rather have Logan Brown in the 4th line spot, Balcers rotating games with Galchenyku and a 2nd round pick or a guy with no value who’s played 10 games and asked for a trade out - who was supposed to be here to be a leader.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I see what you’re saying, but he would have gotten the Chlapik treatment in that case (taxi squad + 1 NHL game so far) so I’m not sure how beneficial that would have been.

I agree, I'm just talking about trade cost though as the poster implied we lost Balcers because we added Stepan which I don't believe is the case.

Reactions: Sensinitis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad