Player Discussion Derek Stepan (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
That's last 1/3 of Dzingel going to the desert.
Interesting how Dorion got all those parts out of the system already.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Excellent acquisition but the price is just terrible.

Im officially excited about this season now.

But this can only make sense if Tierney is traded now for a 2nd or something cause the price and depth is terrible/makes no sense with all the prospects we have incoming.

Gotta think Anisimov/Tierney/White are gonna get traded soon.

Reactions: robsenz and DJB

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Deal makes no sense. A 2nd for a guy on an expiring deal in a season where you’re probably gonna end up last in the division. That’s a lot of draft capital, and the upgrade that he’d be providing over an internal option really doesn’t seem worth it?

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I see the value in hoping he can be a decent stopgap 1C to play with Dadanov and Tkachuk, I don’t really care about the second but I hope someone gets moved out. I was really hoping for Brown to get a shot this year.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Such a dumb acquisition.

No need to acquire another center, let alone a 30-40P veteran who's best days are behind him.

And how does Stepan cost a 2nd round pick? That'd be like us dealing Anisimov to another team for a 2nd, when he should be worth next to nothing in this low cap environment.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Excellent acquisition but the price is just terrible.

Im officially excited about this season now.

But this can only make sense if Tierney is traded now for a 2nd or something cause the price and depth is terrible/makes no sense with all the prospects we have incoming.

Gotta think Anisimov/Tierney/White are gonna get traded soon.

I really hope it's Anisimov/Tierney... I know White hasn't impressed lately but I really don't like trading away young centers.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I’ll love to see the mental gymnastics here to show why giving up a second round pick for a 30 point forward is actually good.

You just wait my friend.

There were people who defended Dahlen for Burrows when it was made and still defend it on the grounds that Dahlen hasn't done anything yet.

Reactions: Cosmix and Beville

Karlg

Dec 26, 2020
Terrible trade : / plz tell me its not ottawas 2nd round pic (basically a late first) for a rental 30 pts player on a lottery team

is there not a ufa better then stepan for free that Dumbrion coulda sign???

Reactions: Cosmix

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Is he even better than Burrows?

Always was the player I was hoping White would turn into

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Such a dumb acquisition.

No need to acquire another center, let alone a 30-40P veteran who's best days are behind him.

And how does Stepan cost a 2nd round pick? That'd be like us dealing Anisimov to another team for a 2nd, when he should be worth next to nothing in this low cap environment.
Sry but who is going to play center this year if Stepan isn’t on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad