Injury Report: Derek Stepan Broken Jaw Part II

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
So with miller not even traveling to MTL can we assume he has a broken arm/collar bone? something along those lines.

I still say he wouldnt have been sitting on the bench if he had a broken arm or collar bone. I would bet its far less serious than that, but enough to keep Miller out for a bit

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So with miller not even traveling to MTL can we assume he has a broken arm/collar bone? something along those lines.

no, we can assume he has an injury severe enough not to be able to play in game 5, and that he's better off staying home and resting up and getting treatment.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
What are you talking about? He was clearly taking a run at the post, undoubtedly trying to increase the goal dimensions.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to make the opposite post whack forward into Tokarsky's back to take him out of the series. You know, accidentally on purpose.

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013
I always thought he looked kinda like Ryan from the Office

He's like a fusion of those two

images

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn now Miller is out too. Goodness. I'm a JT fan. I know he makes some defensive mistakes and takes questionable penalties but I like his speed and aggressiveness. He doesn't seem afraid and he's willing to take the body which wears down opposing defenses. I guess Fast goes in tomorrow if Stepan isn't ready.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Does anyone have a replay of Millers penalty?

Seemed like the Habs D man tried to go into Miller, and Miller just ran him over.

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
I'm pretty sure he was trying to make the opposite post whack forward into Tokarsky's back to take him out of the series. You know, accidentally on purpose.

No accidents at all, don't you know that this part of the game plan. One of the geniuses over at the Habs board have exposed us. In game 4 Kreider apperantly smiled during the game sometime after Nash tried to get to the lose puck from a juciy rebound, only to be plowed into the goalie by the defenseman when he tried hitting the breaks. That confirmed that Krieder intended to take out Price all along :sarcasm:

Some people's children :shakehead

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
AV made the miller injury sound like it wasn't serious, just banged up.

But i don't think he's full of it about Stepan.. I don't think he's playing tomorrow.

I'd bet Lindberg is in and Moore plays on the first line again... The only other option is:

Kreider-Richards-Nash
Poo-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Moore-MSL
Boyle-Lindberg-Dorsett

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I still say he wouldnt have been sitting on the bench if he had a broken arm or collar bone. I would bet its far less serious than that, but enough to keep Miller out for a bit

But what would be far less serious but enough to keep him away from traveling with the team? Can't imagine something like a shoulder sprain would force him to stay in NY.

Perhaps it's a groin concussion :sarcasm:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Miller had a collision with the goal post. bruised ribs or something? didn't see the play so not sure how he hit it. Interesting move bringing Lindberg. If AV really wants to keep Boyle on wing, I can see the merit of playing Lindberg. Also, he's supposed to be a faceoff circle savant. Not sure how that went in Hartford. Jesper on the other hand gives the Rangers yet another FAST forechecker to give the Habs D the fits. Just how much faster is Fast than Lindberg? Is Lindberg a lot more defensively responsible? I have to imagine it'll be a matter of what AV feels he'll need to combat against what MTL can bring, if Miller did a good job, and whether Boyle at center or Lindberg at center is the right personnel choice to meet that need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad