Derek Roy has been invisible as a Canuck

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Worth the 2nd and Connauton, sure. But he has not contributed anything thus far. Didn't even notice him playing tonight.

Unacceptable for a guy supposedly looking for 5M+ in the offseason.

John Bender*

A HUGE disappointment. 5 mill for this guy? No thanks. Terrible.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I said he was going to fail, and wasn't pumped about the deal... But then again there wasn't much available, I don't think Dallas was going to move Jagr here

FloydTheBarber

Aug 10, 2006
Martin Rucinsky 2.0

I still like the trade at the time, we gave little up and fulfilled a need at center (with the uncertainty of Kesler)

This guy is an overpaid Mason Raymond though. Can't even win face offs. Soft as butter.

Walk away this summer and cash in please, good riddance.

King of the ES*

Incredible how quick opinions can change.

This guy was basically denounced as this team's saviour around these parts when he was acquired (not by me, but by most). "He's exactly what we need", etc.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
If you want to go to war in the playoffs trade for a tiny little midget that likes to dangle and can't win faceoffs.

Great way to build a winner.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver

This guy was basically denounced as this team's saviour around these parts when he was acquired (not by me, but by most). "He's exactly what we need", etc.

A lot of us were just happy we did something, brought in an actual center, look at us down the middle it's a joke.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

And you were convinced the Canucks were too easy to play against. They have physically annhilated the Sharks thus far and taken a ton of penalties doing it. What they needed was skill and Roy possesses that. Unfortunately, he hasn't been good enough and the coach continues to play him with Mason Raymond, a guy he has absolutely no chemistry with.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Because on paper and based on past performance, he was/is a perfect fit for this team. An established first line center who could provide a fourth go-to scoring threat after the Sedins and Kesler, taking some pressire off of them, while simultaneously bumping Burrows/Higgins/Hansen into offensive roles more suitable for them.

So far he's barely been an upgrade on Schroeder. Actually, Schroeder actually managed to look pretty good with Raymond and Hansen, whereas Roy has been inept with both. Not that Raymond has been easy to work with by any means...

Cool Hand Goof*

ehh , not worth what he wants at all , not going to get it tho with that season and this , most likely short playoff run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad