Confirmed with Link: Derek Lalonde named New Head Coach

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Everyone on the team has at least one "credited" hit per game with the following exceptions:
- goalies (we don't need Ned taking any more interference penalties, lol)
- Suter
- Elmer
- Copp (I don't think he was fully healed, looked better in the Caps game)
- Raymond
- DBoss (a bit surprising)

Seems Fester likes a physical game and the numbers match the eye test.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Through 12 games:

8th in PK percentage (82.05%) NJD, BOS and BUF were really rough, but they've been in pretty much every other game. 6 of the 7 PPGs against came in these 3 games.

18th in PP percentage (20.45%) They scored 0 PPGs in the first 3 games. They've scored 9 PPGs in the last 9 games.

I would say that's a realgud improvement from last season.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It was Tanguay setting up both this and last season power-plays.

We just have better players now.
It was Tanguay running it last season because Blash doesn't know crap about PP. Fester probably has more input than Blash did.

Regardless they've made adjustments THIS season. Both Perron and Kuby have that shoot or pass back door option when the net front guy slides back so he can use his forehand. That is not something they did at all last season. When they did pass to the net front guy, he was always faced the wrong way and had to do a 180 to shoot. What they are doing this season makes way more sense. Not sure about Vrana, but Bert could easily make the same decision or play net front like Kuby did in OT. Perron and Kuby are doing well, but Bert is in the same tier of players for PP passing and shooting.

Also, I've noticed Larkin is showing more patience and better puck decisions. Not forcing the shot as much, working the puck. Deferring to the QB when there isn't an opening.

Remember the PP sucked at the beginning of this season too, but the gameplan has definitely changed since. I like what I'm seeing now. They could have easily scored another PP goal during regulation, Halak absolutely stoned Raymond.

Through 12 games:

8th in PK percentage (82.05%) NJD, BOS and BUF were really rough, but they've been in pretty much every other game. 6 of the 7 PPGs against came in these 3 games.

18th in PP percentage (20.45%) They scored 0 PPGs in the first 3 games. They've scored 9 PPGs in the last 9 games.

I would say that's a realgud improvement from last season.
And realgud improvement from the start of the season. that was my point....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad