Value of: Depth goal scoring in Montreal

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Johnson should be good for 20 goals and 40 to 50 points from the 3rd line. Because of cap the leafs have to trade him. Cost would be a 2nd in 2020. He has untapped upside and though he isn't huge he plays with an edge to his game.

i find this weird because the Leafs need depth way more than we do

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Alex Chiasson is your guy! Can be had for a mid to late draft pick.

It would be of course a late draft pick lol, there's no "mid draft pick" for Alex freaking Chiasson, but if there's only one year left on his contract, I'd be ok with that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPrimeTime

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
i find this weird because the Leafs need depth way more than we do
Leafs are looking to move johnson so we can redistribute that money to the backend. We also have robertson who is looking really good and needs that spot.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Brandon Saad and Dylan Strome for 1st 2020, 2nd 2020 (Hawks own) and Poehling.

On value, Habs gets bent IMO, so no. The 1st is a non starter in a trade were we get one year of Brandon Saad as the main piece. But Saad himself, I'm not opposed.
If we can work on the price, I'd be ok with that.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
While you might disagree, he pretty much fits everything the OP asked for. OP asked for:

• Depth RW - CHECK
  • Can score 10-15 goals/season - CHECK
  • Taller than 6'1 - CHECK
  • Could be a bad contract if it was just for one year - CHECK
  • Giving up draft picks, players or prospects - CHECK
Perhaps the disagreement should be more with the OP rather than Chiasson as he matches that description to a tee.

The disagreement is with the OP as the last thing the Habs need is more depth scoring. Chiasson is the opposite of what we need.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why not improving on what we have? I wouldn't mind having an other "Byron" or an "Arnia" on the fourth line.
We could roll 4th lines. If we can't get someone to score a lot of goals, let's have a lot of players who can score a bit each.
We could use a winger with size. But no point taking on more cap for what we don’t need.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Johnson should be good for 20 goals and 40 to 50 points from the 3rd line. Because of cap the leafs have to trade him. Cost would be a 2nd in 2020. He has untapped upside and though he isn't huge he plays with an edge to his game.

Far too long contract. He could fit the profile (a bit on the small side tho), but the term is the problem.
What I want is a one year deal, so we could try to catch a better UFA next year, if we fail to get one this year.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
We could use a winger with size. But no point taking on more cap for what we don’t need.

We have unused cap of the ass right now lol
For a one year term, where's the harm?
If the player fit well with us, we can resign him. If not, we let him go, and look elsewhere ^^

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Leafs are looking to move johnson so we can redistribute that money to the backend. We also have robertson who is looking really good and needs that spot.

he didn't look ready in the playoffs, but hey, it's not my team

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
We have unused cap of the ass right now lol
For a one year term, where's the harm?
If the player fit well with us, we can resign him. If not, we let him go, and look elsewhere ^^

adding another depth scorer does nothing. It doesn’t change the makeup of the team.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Getting 9 bottom 6 wingers wont cut the strategy neither

If it's the cards that we are given, then let's have the best goddamn bottom 6 wingers in the league, is what I'm saying.
I too, would like to have Taylor Hall and everything this summer, but we might not have him.

So between looking to still improve the team on what we can improve it or holding my dick in one my hand while bitching because I didn't get Hall, I'd take the first option.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Alex Tuch is great depth scoring. Top 6 winger, signed long term. Big, scoring touch, underutilised.

That is the kind of player Montreal should target.

Chiasson and the likes are no upgrades on their other top 9+ wingers (Armia, Gallagher, Tatar, *Domi*, Lehkonen, Byron, Drouin).

Pretty sure Bergevin would give Vegas a pretty package for him.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
adding another depth scorer does nothing. It doesn’t change the makeup of the team.

iB5xwIJ.gif

It doesn't change the team, but having better winger with better scoring habilities could change our fortune, I think.

At least a bit.

And like I previously said, it's plan B. It's not great, but at least, improvement is improvement.

What you do if you don't get your top end scoring winger? Nothing?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Alex Tuch is great depth scoring. Top 6 winger, signed long term. Big, scoring touch, underutilised.

That is the kind of player Montreal should target.

Chiasson and the likes are no upgrades on their other top 9+ wingers (Armia, Gallagher, Tatar, *Domi*, Lehkonen, Byron, Drouin).

Pretty sure Bergevin would give Vegas a pretty package for him.

Yeah, except, I don't want to pay the price for Tuch.
Tuch is great and all, and I would very much want him in Montreal. But unless Vegas do us another favor with an other "Suzuki Trade", we won't get him cheap.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In case Bergevin shits the bed this off-season and can't acquire a superstar to put on the wings. we'll have to roll three or even four lines next season.

1) If you think anything less than acquiring a "superstar" winger is shitting-the-bed, maybe your expectations are too high.
2) It was never a question that the Habs are going to try to roll 3 if not 4 lines next year. Would be stupid not to given the make-up of the roster and the fact that next season will be a condensed schedule.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Yeah, except, I don't want to pay the price for Tuch.
Tuch is great and all, and I would very much want him in Montreal. But unless Vegas do us another favor with an other "Suzuki Trade", we won't get him cheap.
If you want a top 6 winger, expect to pay the price.

The team does not need another Paul Byron.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So Miles Wood? hehe

Miles Wood is bad bad bad.

Skates fast but brings nothing else.

Miles Wood has a two years contract...
I'm much more interested in a one year contract.
However, Wood AAV is low, so... I don't know. Like I said to someone else, I'd have to think about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad