OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Anyone watch Tacoma FD on TruTV? Caught the marathon today and it's pretty funny. It stars Farva and Mac from Super Troopers, the character Lucy is really hot. Season 2 starts on Thursday at 10pm.

The shit I've been watching with no sports...

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Anyone watch Tacoma FD on TruTV? Caught the marathon today and it's pretty funny. It stars Farva and Mac from Super Troopers, the character Lucy is really hot. Season 2 starts on Thursday at 10pm.

The shit I've been watching with no sports...
Tacoma FD is great.

Brockmire is also back. Final season started last Wednesday

Reactions: PWJunior

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
How are the stores in NY/LI. I have been in Scottsdale for the last 7+ years and it is crazy here. Stores look like North Korea and you can't find simple things like flour anywhere.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I'm not in NY, but I've been sojourning out once a day and hitting different stores. Seems like paper products, meat, cleaning products, pasta, eggs, milk, flour, wipes/sanitizer, and soap are all in short supply. You just have to keep trying places and hope you get there at a good time. I went to Walmart today and was able to get toilet paper, paper towels, chicken breasts and pasta. Yesterday I went to Target and got flour and Windex.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
How are the stores in NY/LI. I have been in Scottsdale for the last 7+ years and it is crazy here. Stores look like North Korea and you can't find simple things like flour anywhere.
My buddy lives in Scottsdale and he said the same thing about no supplies. He said he felt like it was a 3rd world country....and AZ has far less cases then NY.
Lots of stores have resorted to selling toilet paper by the roll. I went to the food soften a couple of days ago for some small stuff, and I saw they had individual rolls for sale. .99 a roll, limit 6. And it was that crappy toilet paper that you’d get in a hotel, not charmin lol

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Been working from home, surfing, running, and watching Netflix sporadically. Can't complain, not much else to do. It's just so weird not having hockey on TV this time of the year.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
How is everyone doing? I am working from home. We've been told to stay home. I live in a Condo. So I really don't have much room to run around. Atleast I can sit on the balcony, look over a park, some traffic and get some fresh air. But it's boring as it can get. Think this season's a goner, as well as many things are. 2020 is going to be a blip. I hope mankind has learned a lesson. We are all vulnerable and connected. I am a bit of a conspiracist. Not 100% sold this came from a wet market in China. Who will ever know for sure? Could be something at work here that we do not understand. But if it did, then they should have learned their lesson during sars. Another animal virus(birds) from a wet market.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My buddy lives in Scottsdale and he said the same thing about no supplies. He said he felt like it was a 3rd world country....and AZ has far less cases then NY.
Lots of stores have resorted to selling toilet paper by the roll. I went to the food soften a couple of days ago for some small stuff, and I saw they had individual rolls for sale. .99 a roll, limit 6. And it was that crappy toilet paper that you’d get in a hotel, not charmin lol
Isn't all toilet paper crappy? Eventually?

Reactions: islesfan186

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
How is everyone doing? I am working from home. We've been told to stay home. I live in a Condo. So I really don't have much room to run around. Atleast I can sit on the balcony, look over a park, some traffic and get some fresh air. But it's boring as it can get. Think this season's a goner, as well as many things are. 2020 is going to be a blip. I hope mankind has learned a lesson. We are all vulnerable and connected. I am a bit of a conspiracist. Not 100% sold this came from a wet market in China. Who will ever know for sure? Could be something at work here that we do not understand. But if it did, then they should have learned their lesson during sars. Another animal virus(birds) from a wet market.
I was in Vegas the first week in March. I was a bit concerned, but at that point, no cases were reported in Nevada. Anyway, I was not happy to see around 100 Italian military staying at the same hotel as me mid-strip, while Italy was already a hotspot. I was talking with a hotel shop manager who had spoken with one of the Italian guys and she was told that China was working on germ warfare and wanted to use a moderately catastrophic virus to test global spread rates, and social, economic and political effects of pandemic.

Knowing that things were going to get bad, the U.S. military invited allies to send their people for training at various bases around the country on how to deal with it once it spiraled out of control.

I have no idea how true this is, but have thought about it a lot.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Being a teacher, and all schools in Norway closed until after Easter (for now), we are doing home teaching, so that is keeping me busy. Teaching from home is far more intense and wearisome that any of us imagined and just being at home is putting a strain on everyone, grown ups and kids alike. We try to get out for walks in the course of the day to get some fresh air and move about a little but the longer this drags on the more we are going to miss our normal lives.

Reactions: beach

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
down here in NE Florida it's really not as bad as you New Yorkers are going through. Born and bred in Nassau county stones throw from the Coliseum) I have worked from home since 2000 so this really has not made much of a difference in my life style. Have noticed the stress level is way lower now considering have not seen one bad goal Varly let in for weeks. Anyway, think the season is toast. LGI!

Reactions: beach

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I don't know how people that work from home all the time are not 500 lbs.

I've set an alarm every hour to do 20 push ups, but there is always food around and the cabin fever makes me constantly hungry.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I was in Vegas the first week in March. I was a bit concerned, but at that point, no cases were reported in Nevada. Anyway, I was not happy to see around 100 Italian military staying at the same hotel as me mid-strip, while Italy was already a hotspot. I was talking with a hotel shop manager who had spoken with one of the Italian guys and she was told that China was working on germ warfare and wanted to use a moderately catastrophic virus to test global spread rates, and social, economic and political effects of pandemic.

Knowing that things were going to get bad, the U.S. military invited allies to send their people for training at various bases around the country on how to deal with it once it spiraled out of control.

I have no idea how true this is, but have thought about it a lot.

I think you and the dippin dots guy should hang out.

I don't know how people in big cities do it -- I'm a probably in a 'smaller than normal' house, but I'm in Suffolk with a big backyard and plenty of room to roam. Go out for a drive every so often, maybe walk up to 7/11 for a coffee. If you live in a one bedroom apt in NYC, how have you not hanged yourself yet? Ill never know.

Hockey is gone till the Fall -- Baseball will be significantly shortened (thankfully), and its going to be a mad rush for traveling/vacation once all this is resolved. Weird times.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I think you and the dippin dots guy should hang out.

I don't know how people in big cities do it -- I'm a probably in a 'smaller than normal' house, but I'm in Suffolk with a big backyard and plenty of room to roam. Go out for a drive every so often, maybe walk up to 7/11 for a coffee. If you live in a one bedroom apt in NYC, how have you not hanged yourself yet? Ill never know.

Hockey is gone till the Fall -- Baseball will be significantly shortened (thankfully), and its going to be a mad rush for traveling/vacation once all this is resolved. Weird times.
Josh Bailey Fatheads for inspiration.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
How are the stores in NY/LI. I have been in Scottsdale for the last 7+ years and it is crazy here.

Stores look like North Korea

Lots of North Koreans walking around with shopping carts?
Sorry just trying to visualize a North Korean store .

Long Island stores are fine . No issues for me in any marketplace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad