OT: Depends Who You Ask Apocalypse - Off Topic Thread of Summer

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Looking for a new series to start with the lady friend, especially with the week and a half Isles layoff.

Any suggestions? Past few we've watched had been all HBO (Leftovers, Big Little Lies, Succession, Watchmen) but have access to basically all of the streaming services.

Hit me!
Yellowstone.

it’s The Godfather of ranching. Really damn good.

it’s got Kevin Costner, so the lady friend should like it...

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If you're looking for a series to watch with the lady friend, just watch "The Notebook" like 8 times. She'll love it.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
68 Whiskey is promising. Only 2 episodes so far and I'm intrigued.
Yeah I also saw the first two. It was Ok. Almost like there’s too many plot lines though.

Have you seen Yellowstone?

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Completely off topic but that's what this thread is for.

This guy's sister was always talking about her wedding even though she wasn't seeing anyone. So her brother said if she ever gets married he'd bring a llama to the wedding.

She doesn't look too happy.

LLAMA.jpg

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Completely off topic but that's what this thread is for.

This guy's sister was always talking about her wedding even though she wasn't seeing anyone. So her brother said if she ever gets married he'd bring a llama to the wedding.

She doesn't look too happy.

View attachment 330231
At first I thought it was a throuple. Nothing wrong with that. To each his own, know what I mean?

Reactions: The Real JT

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Kind of a dick move to ruin his sisters day and take away attention from her.
I'm thinking he had the Llama brought on a trailer that was in the parking lot and his sister went around back for a photo and then the Llama left.

If the Llama was his date at the reception then, yeah, I agree with you.

Reactions: SteveH124

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just ordered a hockey net for my basement (thinking about trying to become the sniper the Isles need). Anyone have recommendation for tiles?

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Just ordered a hockey net for my basement (thinking about trying to become the sniper the Isles need). Anyone have recommendation for tiles?
For the floor or the wall for all your misses?

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Brockmire final season starts Wednesday.

No hockey, so been catching up on the DVR. 68 Whiskey is pretty good.

also, check out Yellowstone.. very very good. New season starts up soon.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
The floor, I have netting for the misses. :nod:
Quick n cheap - leave the floor as is. Go to Home Depot. They sell 2’x4’ pieces of marker board for like $10. Put that on the floor, fire your pucks, put away when you’re done.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Hated it because it was so damn confusing?

The characters just felt annoying. You knew what each character was going to do in any given situation. I also don't like how they completely embraced magical thinking. Where season one was mostly reality based with a touch of magical thinking, the robots in season 2 basically had magical superpowers. I find that a lot of shows go from nuanced to blunt instrument (Walking Dead), and this makes me lose interest.

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
The characters just felt annoying. You knew what each character was going to do in any given situation. I also don't like how they completely embraced magical thinking. Where season one was mostly reality based with a touch of magical thinking, the robots in season 2 basically had magical superpowers. I find that a lot of shows go from nuanced to blunt instrument (Walking Dead), and this makes me lose interest.

Oh yeah, you're going to hate that Dolores somehow still has an all-encompassing systematic power on the outside world.

Aaron Paul's new character - Caleb - might be a good candidate to remedy that though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad