News Article: Denver Post

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I was never a big Dater fan, but the quality of the coverage fell of a cliff after he got canned. Chambers doesn't know anything about hockey beyond the state of Colorado, and Frei just wants to work on his books. He comes off as though Avs coverage is beneath him.
And this is saying so after Dater spent years going downhill.

It sucks Frei isn't into it because he has the ability, experience and sources.

While we are slagging the Post: Kiszla.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I was never a big Dater fan, but the quality of the coverage fell of a cliff after he got canned. Chambers doesn't know anything about hockey beyond the state of Colorado, and Frei just wants to work on his books. He comes off as though Avs coverage is beneath him.

I agree. I've always felt Frei is smart, but kind of snooty.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Guys, it's not worth getting upset over.* I've lived in the Denver Metro since 1999, and It's the same with virtually all "sports" media here (TV, Radio, tPost, etc.).* It's all Broncos all the time.* Unless you're consistently competing for, or winning championships, they simply don't care about the other 6 Pro-Sports Franchises here, or the numerous D1 College Programs in the state.* The sooner you accept it, igrone them, and find the places that actually care and cover the teams you follow, the better off you'll be.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Guys, it's not worth getting upset over.* I've lived in the Denver Metro since 1999, and It's the same with virtually all "sports" media here (TV, Radio, tPost, etc.).* It's all Broncos all the time.* Unless you're consistently competing for, or winning championships, they simply don't care about the other 6 Pro-Sports Franchises here, or the numerous D1 College Programs in the state.* The sooner you accept it, igrone them, and find the places that actually care and cover the teams you follow, the better off you'll be.

That's missing the point. I know Broncos coverage is 1000x what any other sport gets here. There are people who ARE paid to cover this sport, it has nothing to do with the Broncos that they are not doing their job. And like I said, we do just fine covering the team ourselves basically with the help of a few others, its not about lamenting that the mighty Denver Post isn't here to help us.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
ROTFL

I'll tell you what, Chambers obviously does not know what he stepped in there. Just based on the twitter comments, hes getting a healthy dose of reality on how he and the DP are viewed right now.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Chambers is:

tumblr_mwi17rURSR1sjzdpqo1_250.gif

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I don't even read the DP, but I know enough about Chambers to know that he's delusional to have made those tweets. If he's putting so much work into (literally) following the Avs, he sure as **** ain't showing it in his coverage. The Post is getting ripped off covering that guy's expenses.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh pretty pretty please let BSN and Chambers get into a full on twitter war about journalism. It'd be like two meathead bros in a bar debating the meaning of life.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
I doubt that the Avs section of the DP website gets enough traffic for them to really critically look at what Chambers/Frei are putting out there. Frei has obviously checked out from being any sort of beat journalist. The fact that Chambers gets to write and publish his college-tilted drivel is a sad representation of how the major media outlets in Denver regard the Avs. At this point, it seems like anything that might go online or into print is just placeholder until a better story about the Broncos emerges to take its place.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
You'd think Chambers would learn from Dater that Twitter spats get you nowhere and can really taint your image.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The backtracking has begun. :laugh:

Surprised BSN missed the obvious in his original tweet. Makes a comment about showing up to every practice and AM skate. That's just a flat out lie. How many practices and AM skates did he miss? Tons. We were constantly without info because he and no one else was there.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Freelancers. Yeah, the guys who missed that MacKinnon was injured? Let's also not talk about they went on complete strike and refused to mention Duchene's injury, MacKinnon's injury and Rantanen getting called up.

Pot shots aside, what exactly does the DP feel like they are providing at this point?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The backtracking has begun. :laugh:

Surprised BSN missed the obvious in his original tweet. Makes a comment about showing up to every practice and AM skate. That's just a flat out lie. How many practices and AM skates did he miss? Tons. We were constantly without info because he and no one else was there.

Post #31, Cheryl mentions it in her tweet, which is the first one I seen actually.

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
The best thing that could ever happen for Avs fans looking for the best coverage possible would be the Denver Post firing Chambers and hiring the folks at BSN. The BSN writers with the Posts money backing them and sending them on road trips would be a dream come true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad