Denver Post: Denver Post Thread

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
:rolleyes:

How long is that going to last, he still needs the quotes. And it's not like Moser doesn't create his own content. The DP doesn't have a monopoly on content, they need to get over themselves.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As I said in the other thread, we would be the ones who lose out so I hope that's not the case. Frei is usually the only one asking questions, especially after road games. The people working for the Avs site aren't very good, "uhhhh can you talk about......"

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Maybe it's the late hour but Frei is pissed off that the Avs had a crew there interviewing Roy the same time he was or that the EJ announcement was made by the Avs?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe it's the late hour but Frei is pissed off that the Avs had a crew there interviewing Roy the same time he was or that the EJ announcement was made by the Avs?

In this case it sounds like he's angry because the Avs didn't send a press release to the media before making the announcement. In general I think he has been pissed because he's the only one interviewing Roy and the Avs website and other media in Denver then use all the quotes. I seem to recall him tweeting about the DP being the only ones traveling for road games.

I just want the quotes. Don't really care who provides them. :laugh:

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's two different things. One, they get pissed when the team releases major news on their own. The one about Varly being injured was another one they got upset about. I guess they expect to be spoon fed breaking news or something? Second, they don't like it when they are the only people asking questions and then other outlets just stand there and record it. I can understand how that's a little annoying but it's not like it happens all the time in every situation, it's usually when nobody is there and nothing is going on and I understand when the tv stations do it but the Avs themselves, they "own" the content is the way I see it. I find it hypocritical that they use 99% of the content from those pressers as their "news". So is it the Avs won't give them anything or they can't create any content beyond it? Their book was 95% quotes from Roy pressers.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I don't like bashing people publicly like this but whatever.

Frei really needs to keep his ego in check.

And this is coming from someone who enjoys a lot of his work.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
While I understand it's annoying to be scooped by Avalanche PR, these days being scooped means you are five minutes behind. It's a twitter world.

Frei seems to think he's above being a lowly beat writer.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
This is where you become a reporter. You get a quote from EJ. Try to figure out what the injury is, how long he's been dealing with it. Roy even alluded to it in his presser but no follow up Q, maybe could have unearthed the scoop then. If he knew the rule about having to miss a game this would be appropriate time to write about that. But wah wah the Avs tweeted something, now I'm 100% useless.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sadowski is retweeting Frei, we know Chambers feels the same way, and Dater is chiming in with his nonsense too. Are all of these dudes bitter?

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Roy should start a twitter and just start announcing news himself. That'll really get those guys. :laugh:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I think Roy micro manages these things a bit.

Last year during Viasat broadcasts, when the Altitude broadcast cut to commercial we could hear Haynes and McNab on open mic and I think it was Haynes who said that Roy had been upset that an opponent had gotten a star after an Avalanche win so they were instructed to give all three stars to Avs players if they won in the future.

I wouldn't be shocked if Roy does small things to spite DP if they make up trade rumors or have their old captain discussions.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Frei is still *****ing and moaning...

If he truly is done talking to or interviewing Roy, I hope they make a big trade and just tweet it, instead of calling a Press Conference or anything like that.

And if he's asked about it, he can say "Well, Terry said he didn't want to do this anymore, so we saved him the trouble..."

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
The prodigal son must return

medium_image-5435479841505031892a1f00-coalesced

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
This wouldn't happen if the DP hired a decent writer. Nothing but garbage there. Dater was passable at best, the rest are laughable.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If somebody really wanted, a blog would be a really good thing to start right now. Of course this means doing it the right way, and trying to go through the process of getting media credentials and such from the Avs. But it seems like there is a huge void waiting to be filled. Unfortunately Mile High Hockey doesn't seem to trying to go that route... somebody else should. If I lived in Denver or the area, I would be all over this.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
If somebody really wanted, a blog would be a really good thing to start right now. Of course this means doing it the right way, and trying to go through the process of getting media credentials and such from the Avs. But it seems like there is a huge void waiting to be filled. Unfortunately Mile High Hockey doesn't seem to trying to go that route... somebody else should. If I lived in Denver or the area, I would be all over this.

I'm pretty sure MHH have tried getting media credential for awhile now to no avail.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I'm pretty sure MHH have tried getting media credential for awhile now to no avail.

I honestly don't know... their failure is probably as much on them as it is the Avs. Most sports teams are afraid of blogs and their lack of professionalism at times. Present yourself in a professional manner (and join the right organizations... PHWA for one) and associate with the right people and outlets then you should be able to get one.

Boulding is a perfect example, associate with the right people (in his case Mile High Sports) with your blog and you can get media credentials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad