In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I always had his back.

i-got-your-back.gif

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
Haha I thought everyone was cheering him on to increase his trade value! :laugh:

Wideman is definitely the "what have you done for me lately" type of player, and I am completely guilty of regarding him as such. I think he generally pretty lousy in his own end, but it's easily to forget temporarily when he's scoring goals or laying the odd guy out. Lol I still say we trade him this year, and he's certainly making it easier to shop him..

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wideman is definitely the "what have you done for me lately" type of player, and I am completely guilty of regarding him as such. I think he generally pretty lousy in his own end, but it's easily to forget temporarily when he's scoring goals or laying the odd guy out. Lol I still say we trade him this year, and he's certainly making it easier to shop him..

With Wideman, I'm more bothered that he's checked out than anything because he doesn't want to be here. I'm not even that bothered by his contract because realistically you're going to have to pay a premium for a decent defenseman especially come trade deadline time.

So he didn't sign up for a rebuilding team. Great, then play like some team might be interested in your services so we can move your ass if you don't want to be here. We fully knew what he was capable when he got here.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
With Wideman, I'm more bothered that he's checked out than anything because he doesn't want to be here. I'm not even that bothered by his contract because realistically you're going to have to pay a premium for a decent defenseman especially come trade deadline time.

So he didn't sign up for a rebuilding team. Great, then play like some team might be interested in your services so we can move your ass if you don't want to be here

I guarantee management had a talk with him. Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

I've noticed a lot of people are like that - he's scoring, the defensive lapses can be forgiven. He's not scoring, and it's #$@#$# you, trade him! The difference is measured in the time it takes to become impatient with his not scoring.

His defensive game is less than perfecter than it could be, but he's not really here for his defensive game. So I'm okay with that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I've noticed a lot of people are like that - he's scoring, the defensive lapses can be forgiven. He's not scoring, and it's #$@#$# you, trade him! The difference is measured in the time it takes to become impatient with his not scoring.

His defensive game is less than perfecter than it could be, but he's not really here for his defensive game. So I'm okay with that.
Exactly. He is a bit below average defensively, but he is well above average offensively.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wideman's value only comes from his ability to put up points. For teams struggling to get any offense out of their defense, he's the type of guy they'd target.

Moving forward, the team does need to get away from these one-dimensional type of players.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
wideman's value only comes from his ability to put up points. For teams struggling to get any offense out of their defense, he's the type of guy they'd target.

Moving forward, the team does need to get away from these one-dimensional type of players.

qfft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad