Dennis Wideman

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

:laugh: I was trying to find this post because I remembered someone totally calling it.

obama-not-bad.jpg

Aug 21, 2014
Lol I'm not sure it'd be worth it now if we can't wrestle either Stone or Gormley from ARZ. I'm almost ready to say screw it, let's "Ride the Wide" and see how far he takes us haha

I like that "ride the wide".

Kadri and Gardiner are getting ripped by the leafs good buy low option...
Wideman + 3rd for Kadri and Gardiner :naughty:

Aug 21, 2014
here's something more realistic:

Baertschi, Wideman @50% and 3rd to TOR for Kadri,Gardiner and Biggs

even then I'm pretty sure they don't bite.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Something around Wideman and Etem or one of the Wings young defenders would work out pretty nice for both sides. Even something around Luke Schenn +, might not be so bad. We've had pretty good luck with reclamation projects.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2014
Etem would just be another LH Rw'er.. But he's really fast.. and I'd probably want both Schenns..
would you guys do this?

Luke Schenn, and Brayden Schenn for Wideman @50% + Baertschi + 3rd

L.Schenn and Baertschi are the wildcards.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Etem would just be another LH Rw'er.. But he's really fast.. and I'd probably want both Schenns..
would you guys do this?

Luke Schenn, and Brayden Schenn for Wideman @50% + Baertschi + 3rd

L.Schenn and Baertschi are the wildcards.

Pretty sure Etem is a right hand shot. I think the Flyers would be looking more proven assets for both Schenn's. I was thinking of more of a deadline deal, Wideman(with a little retained salary) for Luke + 2nd.

Aug 21, 2014
Pretty sure Etem is a right hand shot. I think the Flyers would be looking more proven assets for both Schenn's. I was thinking of more of a deadline deal, Wideman(with a little retained salary) for Luke + 2nd.

Etem shoot's left, Does Philly do that? I don't think Hextall wants to trade 2nd rounders.
041713EtemBlank.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I get that, but my problem is more that I don't really want anything out of TO other than their draft picks or untouchables(Nylander)... would really look elsewhere.
My bad, I thought it was the usual trade with Toronto paranoia Flames fans seem to have.

dscott

Mar 1, 2014
I think we trade Wideman if in return we got a good defensive prospect/ or a player that a team is giving up on. I think Kadri would be a good guy to target. If we put him with one of our bigger guys and skilled guys, maybe like Colborne and Gaudreau, that could be deadly. I've always really liked his game, he has a ton of skill and a great work ethic. I just feel he isn't performing as well as he should because he has a terrible relationship with Carlyle.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
If we are trading Wideman, I really think we will target a RW or a D prospect. Just look at how management has been addressing the right handed shot.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I think Gardiner would flourish in Hartley's system like Gio, Brodie and Russell have. It's a great place for smooth skating defensemen.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think Gardiner would flourish in Hartley's system like Gio, Brodie and Russell have. It's a great place for smooth skating defensemen.

I agree, and I've been impressed with Gardiner's skillset even though he's been making costly mistakes in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad