Dennis Wideman

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Not only does it now seem like Gormley would come cheaper, it's probably more likely that Tippett would move him before Stone. I just don't see that deal being built around Wideman. I do have a sinking suspicion that Baertschi is going to be moved sooner rather than later, and even though the 'Yotes have solid young forwards like Domi and Perlini in the pipeline, they could definitely use a guy like Sven, who is NHL-ready, tons of potential, has rounded out his game, and could probably benefit from a change of scenery.. I think ARZ still makes a good trade partner regardless..

..but I created this thread to discuss Wideman; if I could wager vCash with my fellow HF'ers, I'd be willing to bet that he extends his goal-scoring streak to 4 games vs his (most recent) former team.. Lol call it a hunch ;)

Hmm you were right.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
(Per Fan960), If Wideman scores tonight, he ties the franchise record of 5 consecutive goal by a defenseman, held by Gary Suter.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
he never actually said that, but hey don't let facts disrupt your narrative!

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nazem-kadri-john-tavares-new-york-islanders-toronto-maple-leafs/

“I think talent-wise there’s not too much difference, to be honest,†Kadri said. “Johnny’s a guy that works hard and that’s something he’s learned from Day 1, so I’m getting my work ethic going and doing everything I can to be one of those players.â€

But having seen Tavares work up close and shared in collective success back with the Knights, Kadri believes that gap isn’t as wide today as some might think.

This is the article I was referencing. This is a Flames board, if my taking a joking shot at a player from another team offended you, then I'm sorry. And while I wasn't being completely serious, it's not as if I just made that statement up, so thanks.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
(Per Fan960), If Wideman scores tonight, he ties the franchise record of 5 consecutive goal by a defenseman, held by Gary Suter.

Wow, could you imagine with guys like MacInnis, Housley, Phaneuf and even Brodano if Wideman would be the one to tie (or even break) that record? Lol lord knows the Habs will be going to every length to prevent it from happening tonight.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Streaks like these are exciting. I remember I kept cheering for Glencross to score when he scored like 8 or 9 in a row not too long ago...

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Streaks like these are exciting. I remember I kept cheering for Glencross to score when he scored like 8 or 9 in a row not too long ago...

That was fun. Then he took a game misconduct 5 minutes into the game to end it. :facepalm:

The neat thing then was that Iggy was also on a streak about two game behind him at the same time.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I just want to say I was calling it as it was right when I saw his game picking up and people were ******** on him in the GDTs because they just wanted to believe he was a bad player.

I was ******** on him because I saw systematic flaws in the way he was playing. :dunno:

He has since addressed them a little bit, though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wideman's offense was always there, it was just his awful defense at the beginning of the season. Definitely playing solid, especially being paired with Russell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad