Dennis "The Everbeast" Everberg

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Yeah, will be interesting to see the lineup when Mitchell and Winchester comes back. Hopefully Everberg can find a spot in the bottom six.

He better find one. He is better than anyone we currently have in the bottom 6 other than MacK. I'm really looking forward to seeing McGinn - Mitchell - Everberg. That is going to be a great energy/checking line with 2way skill.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If he gets taken out of the lineup for Cliche, McLeod, or even Talbot, I'll be very depressed, but those guys play the PK, so I don't think he'd have a chance over them. None of those 3 are providing much of anything at even strength.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Even if he doesn't put up a lot of NHL points, he's always going to the net and just like his first goal that the refs robbed from him, I can see him putting in the majority of his pucks that way. Deflections and dirty rebounds.
Since really only McGinn does that sort of thing for us, it's nice to have a McGinn lite that can play on pretty much any line and be effective by just playing simple and using their big body along the boards and in front of the net.
When he develops his defensive game a bit more I can see him being used a lot more on the PK and on more of a traditional 3rd/4th line.
Definitely seems to fit into Roy's ideal of how he wants his wingers to be/play, so if Rendulic can learn to use his size like that, we'll have another Euro gem.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
He made a good move on a D and almost scored on a nice pass for Landeskog last night. Kid is good and should be here to stay. Like others have been saying, he'd be a great third liner and is doing work on the Landy-O'Reilly line. Needs to find his scoring touch and I think he can put up 15 a year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not so much a typo, he's only signed for two seasons. Or would his exemption run through a next contract?

Yeah it continues on. I meant to type 3, but I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet. :laugh:

Like I said though, the 70 games might not even last this season. The kid has earned a spot, and it is obvious that Roy trusts him. When Mitchell and Winchester get back (both PK guys... so Cliche's PK ability won't keep him in the lineup), he will move to the 4th line, but he will stay in the lineup.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I doubt the Avs will ever be truly healthy this season.

Yea they were kind of spoiled a little last year during the regular season. PAP wasn't providing much so his absence didn't hurt, and aside from Tanguay they didn't have many injuries to important guys until the end of the year.

That's unlikely to happen again. I think Everberg will spend a lot of time on the 3rd line this year as a result.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
For the longest time the Avs ignored Europe, so hopefully they're seeing with the Everberg and Rendulic signings that yes, there is talent over there that can help you.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Thinking about lines and my own gut feeling that us having both briere and Tanguay healthy is not something that'll happen often Everbeast really should see a lot of PT this year. He may have to sit a little bit if Roy keeps cliche up over him when Malkin gets back, but I'm not sure he would, and since I don't see both of he little oldies holding up long last winchester's return there'll be a bottom 6 spot for EB alongside Malkin, briere/Tanguay/McG (one will play top 6, one will be injured and one will play bottom 6), Winchester, talbot and Highlander.

And that doesn't touch on what happens if one of the big guns goes down.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Meanwhile, please look for a story in Thursday’s paper and online about rookie forward Dennis Everberg, whom Avalanche coach Patrick Roy says “has a great future with us.” The 6-foot-4 Everberg continues to impress with his skating, physical play and stick skills. I was on Toronto radio after Tuesday’s game and the local guys wanted to know more about this kid, a real find as an undrafted free agent from Sweden. My research today shows that the Avs’ European scouts really scored with this kid.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2014/10/15/great-nate-yet-avalanche-continues-four-game-trip-ottawa/19766/

Don't expect Roy to say anything different but still nice to see. Hope he keeps impressing so they can't send him down.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad