Injury Report: Dennis Seidenberg

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey...berg_knocked_out_with_undisclosed_injury.html

NEW YORK -- Bruins defenseman Dennis Seidenberg will not return to tonight’s game against the Rangers because of an undisclosed injury. Seidenberg skated just one shift for 1:01 of ice time in the first period before retreating to the dressing room.

This is the third time this season the Bruins have lost a defenseman. Johnny Boychuk hurt his back in the second period of the Bruins’ 3-2 shootout win over Anaheim Oct. 31, and Adam McQuaid was hurt in the first period of a 3-1 win over Toronto Nov. 9 when turning and pursuing a puck.

If neither Seidenberg nor McQuaid is available Thursday against St. Louis, Kevan Miller could be recalled from Providence.

BudMovin*

I hope he didn't aggravate whatever was bothering him in the playoffs.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
TBD if he skates Thursday "sounds" positive, doesn't it?

Maybe he just tweaked something but I suspect we won't see him on Thursday but the thought that he might is positive in that his time out may not be very long.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Injuries are going to happen, games are going to be missed. Very small is the number of players who get through a season without missing at least 1 or 2. With that said, here's to hoping that we are going through our injuries now and come April/May/June everyone is healthy and ready to roll.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
So who do we bring up? Trotman gets my vote. Casto is a close second.

I don't follow the P Bruins close enough to offer an educated opinion on specific players but it needs to be a stay at home type guy. Do either of these guys fit the bill? From what I remember of Miller in the preseason, he seems like an adequate choice.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
I hope this doesn't drastically increase Chara's TOI. Obviously last night it needed to, especially with Bartkowski getting banged up as well. But several games playing in the >25-30 min range will add up big time for Z.
Tough to tell though. Krug gives the puck away all the time and Bartkowski still scares me, so we'll see. I hope Hamilton steps up and takes charge with some big minutes.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope this doesn't drastically increase Chara's TOI. Obviously last night it needed to, especially with Bartkowski getting banged up as well. But several games playing in the >25-30 min range will add up big time for Z.
Tough to tell though. Krug gives the puck away all the time and Bartkowski still scares me, so we'll see. I hope Hamilton steps up and takes charge with some big minutes.

All the time???:shakehead

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Trotman's missed like the last eight games with an injury. I won't be him. Has Casto even played well?

Didn't know about Trotman and I've never seen Casto play. Don't follow the PBs. The reason I picked Trotman is he impressed me the one time I saw him play. Casto was picked because he is a RH shot and has a mean streak to replace McQuaid. Miller would also be a decent call-up.

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
If there is a recall, and there may not be if McQuaid has skated the past two days, Miller is the guy.

He was the last D cut in camp, he's a stay at home guy, and he's the closest to NHL-ready.

Trotman has been hurt, Casto...seriously?, and Morrow just got hurt. And none of them could currently handle the NHL. Mike Moore would be a close second but he's more of an AHL vet than NHL fill in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad