Joachim Linnet (LW/RW)
Nicolai Meyer (RW)
Jonas Sass (C/LW)
Anders Schultz (RW)
Thomas Spelling (RW)
Thomas Søndergaard (C)

Last edited:

BLBarmada

Feud isn't very good, goaltending will be a problem, they have a decent which would stay up in other years.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
It's Eller time! :yo:

Ellers gonna be interesting to follow. He's very young, so he'll most likely be in a bit over his head, but it'll be great experience for him.

Also, you're from Göteborg, how does Mads look compared to Lars? If I'm not mistaken they came to Frölunda at the same age?

yanokovich

May 31, 2008
Montreal
O.Bjorkstrand P.Bjorkstrand N.Jensen
Ma.Hojbjerg S.Ehlers Mi.Hojbjerg
N.Meyer J.Sass T.Spelling
F.Maegaard Schell M.Eller P.Russell
A.Schults

J.Christensen M.Rahbek
C.Lindhoj T.Ruelykke
T.Hensen E.Kristensen
P.Madsen

S.Feuk
C.Larsen

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
O.Bjorkstrand P.Bjorkstrand N.Jensen
Ma.Hojbjerg S.Ehlers Mi.Hojbjerg
N.Meyer J.Sass T.Spelling
F.Maegaard Schell M.Eller P.Russell
A.Schults

J.Christensen M.Rahbek
C.Lindhoj T.Ruelykke
T.Hensen E.Kristensen
P.Madsen

S.Feuk
C.Larsen

Pretty close to what the actual lineup may look like. I just have a few minor corrections.

F.M. Schell and P. Russell are both out with injuries and are definitely gonna miss the championship.

C. Lindhoj is not gonna make the time this year.

S. Feuk got released by his swedish club a couple of weeks ago, and with only a few starts under his belt this season, I think there is a real chance he might be left out of the team.

So here is my guess on the actual lineup.

Thomas Spelling - Patrick Bjorkstrand - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Nicolai Meyer - Anders Schultz - Nicklas jensen
Nicki Kisum - Sebastian Ehlers - Jonas Sass
Mikkel Hojbjerg - Thomas Sondergaard - Martin Hojbjerg
(Mathias Bau Hansen & Mads Eller)

Jannick Christensen - Martin Rahbeck
Tobias Ruelykke - Mark Larsen
Patrick Madsen - Rasmus Knudsen
(Emil Kristensen & Anders Thode)

Dennis Jensen
(Christian Larsen)

Fun facts:
Patrick and Oliver (if selected) will have their dad and club coach as Headcoach (Todd Bjorkstrand) for this turnament. The two and Thomas Spelling play on a very good young guns line in Herning. Oliver is one of possible 2 1995 borns on this team. The other one being Mads Eller, younger brother of Montreal Canadiens Lars Eller.

Im excited to see how this team does.
The Forward group looks really strong, however missing F.M. Smith and P. Russell is a serious blow.
As always the defense is a weakness, although the debt is looking better than previous years its missing top end players.
Goaltending is a big ?.

If they manage to secure their place in the championship, all of the forwards are young enough to return next year, except 2.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
S. Feuk got released by his swedish club a couple of weeks ago, and with only a few starts under his belt this season, I think there is a real chance he might be left out of the team.

I still think Feuk will be there. Jensen might have the inside track but Feuk still has the qualities that got him the spot in the first place. I betting he'll be there. Although it's nice that we for the first time in many years has three alternatives in net.

So here is my guess on the actual lineup.

1A. Nicolai Meyer - Anders Schultz - Nicklas Jensen
1B. Thomas Spelling - Patrick Bjorkstrand - Oliver Bjorkstrand
3. Mikkel Hojbjerg - Sebastian Ehlers - Martin Hojberg
4. Nicki Kisum - Mads Eller - Jonas Sass
(Mathias Bau Hansen & Thomas Søndergaard)

Jannick Christensen - Tobias Ruelykke
Martin Rahbek - Mark Larsen
Patrick Madsen - Rasmus Knudsen
(Emil Kristensen & Anders Thode)

Dennis Jensen
(Sebastian Feuk)

Fixed :naughty:

Here's to a good tournament and a another year in the A-group! :handclap:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Is anybody able to say how good is this Danish team compared to the last years Norway?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Todd Bjorkstrand has selected to go without Ruelykke completly. That's a clear mistake i my eyes... Especially when you have Tobias Hansen in there. I see them both quite often and i my eyes it's a big mistake but Bjorkstrand knows what he wants i guess...

Denmark and Norway shouldn't be to far apart. Norway had some better goaltending then Denmark can expect. Instead we have Nicklas Jensen up front along with some more firepower. But i'm not an expert in Norwegian youth hockey so perhaps others would have a more thorough formed opinion.

Ehlers must be injured? Joachim Linnet also a bit of a surprice, but he's from the same team as the head coach so he knows what he's getting.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
How come Denmark doesn't bring Felix Maegaard Scheel? He is the best dane in Superelit. Hardworking payer that is close to being a part of Rögles senior team. I bet he is a better forward than quite a few other on Denmarks roster.

Is it because he is injured or something?

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
How come Denmark doesn't bring Felix Maegaard Scheel? He is the best dane in Superelit. Hardworking payer that is close to being a part of Rögles senior team. I bet he is a better forward than quite a few other on Denmarks roster.

Is it because he is injured or something?

Yes. Ditto for Patrick Russell and Sebastian Ehlers I think...

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Todd Bjorkstrand has selected to go without Ruelykke completly. That's a clear mistake i my eyes... Especially when you have Tobias Hansen in there. I see them both quite often and i my eyes it's a big mistake but Bjorkstrand knows what he wants i guess...

Denmark and Norway shouldn't be to far apart. Norway had some better goaltending then Denmark can expect. Instead we have Nicklas Jensen up front along with some more firepower. But i'm not an expert in Norwegian youth hockey so perhaps others would have a more thorough formed opinion.

Ehlers must be injured? Joachim Linnet also a bit of a surprice, but he's from the same team as the head coach so he knows what he's getting.

Don't know to much about youth hockey, but they for sure had good goaltending last year. As far as I know, they iced a very young team last year? So, I guess the danish team will be older at least.

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
I still think Feuk will be there. Jensen might have the inside track but Feuk still has the qualities that got him the spot in the first place. I betting he'll be there. Although it's nice that we for the first time in many years has three alternatives in net.

Fixed :naughty:

Here's to a good tournament and a another year in the A-group! :handclap:

Good call;)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Don't know to much about youth hockey, but they for sure had good goaltending last year. As far as I know, they iced a very young team last year? So, I guess the danish team will be older at least.

Well about that...

I think we have about 9 x 92's, 12 x 93's and 2 x 95's so we're not old per se. Didn't Norway run with 7 non-91's or something like that? So I think we a bit younger acutally.

The difference is very small but when it's Norway you kind of get competetive about these things :D

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Ellers gonna be interesting to follow. He's very young, so he'll most likely be in a bit over his head, but it'll be great experience for him.

Also, you're from Göteborg, how does Mads look compared to Lars? If I'm not mistaken they came to Frölunda at the same age?

They have very similar playing styles, Mads doesn't look as good built as Lars but on the other hand is a lot shiftier skater. Hard to compare their seasons though, Lars played mostly J20 and Mads J18.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Extremely Excited to see Jensen play. As a Canucks fan, I want to see how Nicklas fares against the best players in the world at his level. He has been playing very consistent for Oshawa (OHL) and i'm expected to see good things from him in this tournament. Good Luck Denmark!

DenGC

Nov 20, 2007
Training matches:

15. december: University of Alberta - Denmark,
16. december: University of Alberta - Denmark,
20. december: Sweden - Denmark,
22. december: Latvia - Denmark.

Looks like they are doing all they can to give the team the best preparation possible. In the beginning of the season they had match-ups against four QMJHL - teams as well.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
Any players to keep an extra eye on, except Jensen, and why? I've heard of Spelling and Meyer as pretty promising talents..

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Any players to keep an extra eye on, except Jensen, and why? I've heard of Spelling and Meyer as pretty promising talents..

The two Bjorkstrand brothers are worth keeping an eye on. The younger one - Oliver is a 1995, so perhaps too young to be an impact player at this year's WJC, but he's enjoyed a pretty good season so far in the Danish Elite League.

Spelling and the older Bjorkstrand were both eligible to be drafted in 2011, so of the lot, I'd say that only the two 1995's - younger Bjorkstrand and Mads Eller (younger brother of MTL's Lars Eller) - look to be draft material in the coming years.

I also like D Jannick Christensen (Esbjerg), D Tobias Hansen (Rødovre), F Jonas Sass (Herlev) and F Mathias Bau Hansen (Rødovre). The two Hansens (no relation to each other or any other famous real or fictional hockey players:)) both have good size so they should be well suited for the NA smaller ice.

The goaltending looks rather weak, which is a worrying sign for a team you'd expect will have to battle hard to avoid relegation.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
If we assume the assumption that Bjorkstrand x 2 and Spelling is a line is correct...

I think the key to avoid regulation may lay in the hands of that line. The Jensen-Meyer line would be the primary target for the other teams to shut-down. If Spelling and the Bjorkstrands don't produce then I have a hard time seeing the alternatives.

Mads Eller may be a bit to young to carry a line. Anders Schultz has had a good year but is still a bit new at these levels. Mathias Bau Hansen is a personal farvorit of mine, but not likely to produce a bunch at the WJC.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
One thing worth noting about Oliver Björkstrand is that his stats this year and last year are incredibly similar to those that Nicklas Jensen posted at the same age on the same team, actually they are a tad better at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad