Trade: [DEN/SEA] Russell Wilson and 4th for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 5th

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Two first and two seconds are a lot. Denver is in a tough division and if they were to miss the playoffs Seahawks are looking at potentially two top 20 picks in next years draft. The players are meh but I think it was a lot they paid.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
With the now cap space Seattle has, they can get a stop gap QB or draft one.

It was time to move on from Wilson, he had a good 10 years there and got them a Super Bowl.

They might be looking toward the 2023 draft for their next guy, or at least I would if I were in their position.

I don't think any stopgap QB makes sense. They're dead meat in that division regardless in my opinion so if you're going to suck anyways you might as well do it like a rock star.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
This isn't Elway but a desperate move by the new GM .
Massive trade and will still never win Div.. Maybe a wildcard team.
Least they got rid of Lock lol

Maybe Elway didn't make the move (though I highly doubt he had no input on the decision) but I don't doubt he would approve of it. This is right out of Elway's yellow-teethed playbook.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Well, next draft is insane - Will Anderson, Dallas Turner, Smith-Njigba, Bryce Young, Bryan Bresee, Kelee Ringo, Skoronski and Jalen Carter who was potential to be absolutely dominant...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If they got Denver's pick this year than that's not as bad of a return as I thought.

...you would have to think they did considering its f***ing Russell Wilson they traded.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Maybe Elway didn't make the move (though I highly doubt he had no input on the decision) but I don't doubt he would approve of it. This is right out of Elway's yellow-teethed playbook.
Possible. Idk how much say Elway has anymore, after Lock. Oswiller and every other QB he selected , I know fans were 100% over him.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Have to think Russell Wilson gets a new QB deal near the ballpark of what Rodgers is getting…no way he plays on his current deal since Rodgers got more money and length.

Russell is 5 years young and wants to get paid.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
This seems senseless, in that division the Broncos aren't eating at the big kids table for a long while ,probably sell some tickets.

Reactions: Voight

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Broncos narrowly missed the playoffs with some pretty bad QB play. With competent offense, this should push them in comfortably.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They might be looking toward the 2023 draft for their next guy, or at least I would if I were in their position.

I don't think any stopgap QB makes sense. They're dead meat in that division regardless in my opinion so if you're going to suck anyways you might as well do it like a rock star.
Wilson per spotrac would count $24 mill in dead cap to the Hawks this coming season this the need for a cheap QB in either Locke or Eason whomever wins the job at camp.

Little surprised that it’s Denver given Ciara. But his options from last season dried up plus Payton out in NO makes them less attractive. Other big markets not so great talent wise.

best teams were like Indy, Pitt, Den types.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Broncos narrowly missed the playoffs with some pretty bad QB play. With competent offense, this should push them in comfortably.[/QUOT
Started the season like 4-0 feasting on the Jets and Jax ( who somehow beat Buffalo) without high picks I don't see them getting better by surrounding Russell with talent ,time will tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad