Trade: [DEN/SEA] Russell Wilson and 4th for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, 2 1sts, 2 2nds, 5th

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Denver won 7 games with Teddy two yards per pass and the rest of the trash they started when he was out. Underrated defense, playmakers on offense between Jeudy, Sutton and Fant?

They might not be a favorite but this definitely vaults them right into the playoffs. Kansas City isn't some unbeatable titan so the division isn't off the table either.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Denver won 7 games with Teddy two yards per pass and the rest of the trash they started when he was out. Underrated defense, playmakers on offense between Jeudy, Sutton and Fant?

They might not be a favorite but this definitely vaults them right into the playoffs. Kansas City isn't some unbeatable titan so the division isn't off the table either.

Honestly, I think all 4 teams are in play for the division.

It is going to be a bloodbath.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Curious to what Denver offered. Apparently Seattle turned down multiple first rounders from Washington?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Damn, kind of makes the Broncos contenders off the bat. Good defense, solid receivers and now Russ. That division is loaded

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I don't know about rebuilding. Carroll is 70.

Didn't think they'd deal him or have the patience for a rebuild...

They don't have a choice. If they can't compete with Wilson the chances of them competing without him are basically nil, there's no one available that will move the needle for them with how they're currently constructed.

They have to turn the page.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
surprised carroll decided he wanted to stick around for a rebuild at his age. unless they flip that haul for a good starting QB, they're going to be terrible with lock starting

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Stoically awaiting a full list of the pieces.

I know this must be difficult for you guys, but it needed to happen.

If I were you, I'd try to focus on the times Seattle did have with Wilson, and that the return from this trade should significantly help them going forward. But it would be wrong for me to tell you how to feel, so I'll pour one out for you later on. :)

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Wow what a haul.

That division is going to be tight. Wouldn’t be too crazy if Broncos just miss the playoffs. That’s probably best case scenario for Seahawks.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
surprised carroll decided he wanted to stick around for a rebuild at his age. unless they flip that haul for a good starting QB, they're going to be terrible with lock starting

I'd be surprised if being terrible weren't at least indirectly the goal this coming season. No way they stand even a slight chance in that division as it stands today.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Is it just me or does it seem like that return is underwhelming?

Lock sucks and is only thrown in there so Seattle doesn't have to start Geno Smith for 17 games, Harris is a 30 year old DE with okay stats. Fant admittedly looked very promising as he continues to acclimate to life in the NFL and could be a great TE going forward.

The rest just seems blah especially with how valuable QBs are in this league..

Reactions: Gecklund

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
With the now cap space Seattle has, they can get a stop gap QB or draft one.

It was time to move on from Wilson, he had a good 10 years there and got them a Super Bowl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad