Rumor: Demko is back and at least 4 teams have called and Canucks havent said "No" to them New Source ( ESPN)

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
A lot of us HAVE been re-evaluating the need for a stopgap until Levi is ready after the last few games.
What’s your offer for Demko?

Canucks would want Samuelsson, rights to Erik Portillo, and your highest 2nd rounder of the 3 you have.

Or perhaps 2 or all 3 of your 2nds straight up. Buffalo at this point doesn’t need a crap ton of picks, they should look to move picks to strengthen their core to signal competitiveness.

Since Demko came out and said he hasn’t asked for a trade, if GM’s are calling about Demko, I’d have to imagine the ask would be much higher, considering they’d be plucking out our starting goaltender and one of the better goalies in the league.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
What’s your offer for Demko?

Canucks would want Samuelsson, rights to Erik Portillo, and your highest 2nd rounder of the 3 you have.

Or perhaps 2 or all 3 of your 2nds straight up. Buffalo at this point doesn’t need a crap ton of picks, they should look to move picks to strengthen their core to signal competitiveness.

Since Demko came out and said he hasn’t asked for a trade, if GM’s are calling about Demko, I’d have to imagine the ask would be much higher, considering they’d be plucking out our starting goaltender and one of the better goalies in the league.

Samuelsson is likely a non-starter. He is normally part of our top 2 and is signed to a great contract. Personally I would value him alone higher than Demko given then injury concerns Demko has. However I would have no problem throwing the two highest of our 2nd round picks and the rights to portillo. You can even have Comrie as a stopgap until Portillo is ready if you want.

This is just my opinion however and i would be agreeable to swapping pieces around, but I would be fine with a package something like that.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Samuelsson is likely a non-starter. He is normally part of our top 2 and is signed to a great contract. Personally I would value him alone higher than Demko given then injury concerns Demko has. However I would have no problem throwing the two highest of our 2nd round picks and the rights to portillo. You can even have Comrie as a stopgap until Portillo is ready if you want.

This is just my opinion however and i would be agreeable to swapping pieces around, but I would be fine with a package something like that.
Agreed, probably no chance Samuelsson gets moved.

Demko for Portillo’s rights, two 2023 2nd rounders is solid. Canucks would probably like to add another pick for 2024 too, perhaps a 3rd round pick. Reallt depends on the value of Portillo. Not really sure what his value is, and could be quite the risk if he doesn’t sign.

Reactions: DustyZ

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall

Demko for Portillo’s rights, two 2023 2nd rounders is solid. Canucks would probably like to add another pick for 2024 too, perhaps a 3rd round pick. Reallt depends on the value of Portillo. Not really sure what his value is, and could be quite the risk if he doesn’t sign.

Agreed Portillo is a tough asset to put value on because of his status. Add 2024 4th round pick that turns into a 3rd if Portillo doesn't sign. Can you put that as a stipulation? I am not really sure what the rules are around conditional picks.

Feb 19, 2018
Demko would be at the draft, if moved. He’s a goalie with a good past track record and signed for 3 more years at $5 million. Some team will offer or we will inquire about a player we like still on the draft board due to our heavily former scout’s front office (Allvin, Granato) and think they have found a gem.

I see Vancouver trading him out East despite a team like LA who would be a perfect fit due to him being able to dominate if inspired.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022

Just get it done Adams!!

I'd trade Demko straight up for UPL!
We have Levi in the works!

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Agreed Portillo is a tough asset to put value on because of his status. Add 2024 4th round pick that turns into a 3rd if Portillo doesn't sign. Can you put that as a stipulation? I am not really sure what the rules are around conditional picks.
You can’t have picks be conditional on a player re-signing

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Heck,

Demko for UPL and rights to Portillo. There would be backlash in Buffalo, but we're losing Portillo anyway so who cares.

The "problem" with UPL right now is he's simply not ready. He's looked absolutely incredible in some games, which I believe has led Buffalo to overrate him at this point.

No way he should have played over Anderson last night, for instance.

Also, Buffalo isn't exactly goalie friendly, and that's the understatement of the day.

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
The funny thing is, I don't think there's any way in hell Buffalo would move UPL, that's how much they think of him.

So me hoping for something is really an exercise in futility

DustyZ

Dec 2, 2022
Schenn & Demko for UPL, rights to Portillo and our highest 2nd rounder.

Ah, to be GM for a day

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
How about

Demko, Boeser at 50%, Schenn to the LA Kings for Cal Petersen (cap dump contarct) and ????
What would the ??? be ?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

Swap a 2nd with Savoie then it’s fair

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
After moving Horvat, the Canucks are no longer in Cap Hell.

The only players that would move the needle if they were to trade Demko are Clarke (LA) and Nemec (NJD).

As these trades seem very unlikely, Demko will probably be a Canuck for the foreseeable future.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
After moving Horvat, the Canucks are no longer in Cap Hell.

The only players that would move the needle if they were to trade Demko are Clarke (LA) and Nemec (NJD).

As these trades seem very unlikely, Demko will probably be a Canuck for the foreseeable future.
What about Morrow from the Canes? I'd slide him up in that conversation, along with Jiricek from CBJ if you're talking about top flight RHS D-prospects

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Wow. Some Canuck fans are expecting a ridiculous return for a goalie who hasn’t played in almost 3 months, has a long injury history, has only had 1 season as a starter and has never had a GAA above .915. I guess that one play-in series where he “Demko’d” Vegas 3 years ago established him a a legend in some peoples minds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad