Signing(s): DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors (1 year, $5.3M)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Apparently KD re-signed for 2 more years?

Durant can opt-out after next year. LeBron and the Lakers want him bad too.

As great as Golden State is, it's not going to last forever. Nothing does. If it isn't Durant or Thompson, it will be Draymond Green.

I'm a bit stunned though. Even coming off an injury, Lakers seemed like the fit. Cousins should help with some motivation if they're thinking of a three-peat.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

As great as Golden State is, it's not going to last forever. Nothing does. If it isn't Durant or Thompson, it will be Draymond Green.

The Warriors are in the middle of their dynasty run, they are going to maximize how much time/effort they have with their current line up. This dynasty run is pretty much on stealthmode, who knows how long it lasts.

You can probably put this dynasty runs near the top when it's all finished

darko

Feb 16, 2009

I'm a bit stunned though. Even coming off an injury, Lakers seemed like the fit. Cousins should help with some motivation if they're thinking of a three-peat.

Yeah this could be their last rodeo.

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
Who said he's talking about one season lol. Cousins could have easily got a multi-year. Plus he would start on IR and be covered by insurance anyways.

I seriously doubt teams were offering him a long term max contract after his last injury. And if they did, then they will still do so next offseason.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
The Warriors are in the middle of their dynasty run, they are going to maximize how much time/effort they have with their current line up. This dynasty run is pretty much on stealthmode, who knows how long it lasts.

I'm not happy with this. There was no reason not to sign in LA with Rondo and LeBron.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Still got ways to go to put them on top or near the top.

I'd take 60's Celtics, 80's Lakers and 90's Bulls over GSW.

3 rings in 4 years. Need at least 2 more.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

I'd feel more confident about the Warriors run if they played in the East. Boston and Philly aren't slouches now but there's a reason why LeBron spent the majority of his career in the East. Golden State is the favorite but complacency and the yearly playoff run takes it toll. Especially in the tougher conference.

I'd classify the Warriors technically as a dynasty now. 3 out of 4 years, 4 straight final appearances and a back-to-back. But winning another title this year would clearly make them a dynasty.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
cousins took a discount because he's injured and is guaranteed a ring

you really think he would have signed this contract if healthy? lols

Don't mind him he just can't help himself in taking another shot at Bron.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I prefer cousins going to GS than a bunch of stars going to LA and become a top team over night. That is not the way sports should work just to help a guys legacy. Every move GS makes is impressive. People want to play for that team instead of playing with 1 player.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I'd feel more confident about the Warriors run if they played in the East. Boston and Philly aren't slouches now but there's a reason why LeBron spent the majority of his career in the East. Golden State is the favorite but complacency and the yearly playoff run takes it toll. Especially in the tougher conference.

I'd classify the Warriors technically as a dynasty now. 3 out of 4 years, 4 straight final appearances and a back-to-back. But winning another title this year would clearly make them a dynasty.
I say 3 in 4 is a dynasty. The warriors coast for half their games so they will probably be one of the most rested teams in the league. They might even try to break their record from a few seasons ago.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm not too upset about this because they were a near lock to win it all even before this and some team could've offered Boogie a huge deal but they chose not to.

Reactions: Virtanen18

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
The Warriors haven't had a stand out centre since Bogut, in fact if you look down the line from Bogut to Zaza and McGee...do they really need a stand out centre?
not at all, which is what makes this even more frustrating lol

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I prefer cousins going to GS than a bunch of stars going to LA and become a top team over night. That is not the way sports should work just to help a guys legacy. Every move GS makes is impressive. People want to play for that team instead of playing with 1 player.

so you prefer to see the best team in the league just keep getting better

interesting if you're not a warriors fan

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If the NBA ends up going to a hard cap instead of their current soft cap, I think today will end up being the turning point for that. Cousins comes to GSW due to the tax payer MLE. Should never happen but it did.
Even better they should let the market dictate how much a player can earn in that hard cap. Lebron is easily worth 50 million and because of that it would limit the amount of allstar players a team could fit under the cap. Every team would designate a franchise player and each market whether big or small could have their marketable allstar/superstar. That would improve the league instead of having 5 elite teams and the rest have absolutely no shot.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
so you prefer to see the best team in the league just keep getting better

interesting if you're not a warriors fan
the fact that there are a hand full of teams trying to assemble megarosters and thinning out the talent poll is fair amongst them. 1 team just does it the best thanks to Lebron's decision to go to Miami. That's the new recipe for success. Next season the Lakers are going to do it.

Remember the seaon befor Durant went to GS LeBron was trying to get Gilbert to add players in order to stay on top. GS beat them to the punch with the second best player in the league because the drafted so well and had the cap space even though the had a championship already under their belt. I think when Lebron retires there will be less of this overnight bottom feeder to elite formula. Or it doesnt change and fans start getting really board with the League.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad