Signing(s): DeMarcus Cousins to the Warriors (1 year, $5.3M)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Have to look at the bright side! With Lebron signing there's no way it's another finals repeat! Down side of FA! With Cousins signing the Championship is already decided.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How can the NBA allow something like this to happen? What an absolute joke of a league.

The NBA needs to review and change their salary cap system. Its virtually nonexistent at this point with how teams can go into the luxury tax and the varies exceptions a team can have when signing players.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
NBA is f***ed lol it’s the Warriors world and 29 other teams are just allowed to live in it. Watch them go 80-2

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
God if not for injuries and a crooked league office the Warriors would have gone 5 straight this year.

What could have been.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I thought LeBron was a super cool dude that everyone wants to play with.

You do realize they can't sign anyone worth while because of cap constraints? But don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
I'm not as mad as most commenters I've read because he's not going to be healthy and odds are when he does come back sometime in or after January he won't be the same player for quite some time. I actually don't think he'll ever be the same again, seems like a very high chance for repeat injury. But I still wake up every morning hating that snake Durant for ruining the NBA.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
It's sad that these players nowadays have no competitive spirit. If you can't beat them, join them.
Don't know how anybody but Warriors fans could be happy about this and even they must be bored at this point.

I must say that while this is true, I thought that one of the last players to be like this would be Cousins. I was badly mistaking... What a wuss...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I get why Boogie did it - allegedly no team offered him a contract and even if some did, it may have been a salary close to what he got from GS. Why not take a discount, win a ring, rebuild your value and them get a max deal next summer.

He also wont be rushed back from his rehab given they are guaranteed 60-70 wins with or without him, nor will be required to be a major part of the offence.

This is the best starting 5 in NBA history.

They now have:

- 2nd best player in the league
- best center in the league
- one of the best defensive players in the league
- the best or second best PG
- a top 10 SG
- two of the greatest shooters in NBA history

Bob Myers is freaking good at his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stylizer1

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
This isn't Lebron's fault. It's the fault of the insanely ring-driven narratives around a player's career worth the past 20 years. Winning a single ring means so much that it doesn't matter if the team would have still won a title easily without you.

That's why both he and KD left to go get one. 20-30 years ago, nobody cared if you had a ring or not. That didn't affect your legacy (look at Barkley, Malone, Stockton etc). These days people hold it against stars for whatever reason and that's why players are constantly trying to form super teams.

When you draft and develop 3 of your own Allstars, player start to take notice and look at a better situation.

Could be 4 soon depending on how much more Barnes develops.

Watching a SportsCentre segment on this signing, sounds like Boogie approached the Warriors after he didn't get any considerable offers.

Which makes it kinda funny. They didn't even care to try and sign him.

How can the NBA allow something like this to happen? What an absolute joke of a league.

But CP3 to the Lakers wasn't OK :laugh:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Easter conference all- star team;

Kyrie Irving, Demar DeRozan, John Wall, Giannis Antetokumpo and Joel Embeed

Vs

Steph Curry, Trey Thompson, Kevin Durant, Draymond Green, Demarcus Cousins

Who wins?

God this is ridiculous.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
NBA = WWE

Staged

Been like this for a long time, folks, but now everyone involved is really leaning into it.

Own what you are. In this case, entertainment with pre-determined results.

Donaghy, Jordan constant walks/"retirement," Ewing draft, LeBron lottery, Kyrie lottery, Davis lottery, LeBron 8-straight finals, Lonzo hype, etc.

The script-writing machine always working OT.

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
I'm looking forward to watching GSW because I think that this is an opportunity people won't get for a very long time- this idea of having a literal all star team, and not just a big 3 like on Miami, or with GSW circa 2015, but this is truly a team with 5-6 GREAT players and it's going to be one of, if not *the* greatest team assembled, maybe in north american sports.

That said, I can't help but wonder just how good they really might be. Cousins is still somewhat of a question mark since he's coming back from a serious injury. I would expect them to perform similar to how they did last year, probably a bit worse because the west got better, and then run it in the playoffs. I'd love to see them break the win record, but can't see it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The thing about this signing is that I don't have a problem with it from a GSW standpoint. The aim of managing a team is to always get better, and that's exactly what Bob Myers did. Kudos to him for that. The Warriors are running their franchise the right way.

My issue is with these players. Not just DeMarcus Cousins. With Kevin Durant. Role players get a lot more rope when jumping ship to a contender (David West, Nick Young, JaVale McGee, etc), but when a superstar does it... I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.

Kevin Durant, for me personally, will forever be the "if you can't beat em, join em" guy. The ultimate punk that needed to join a historic team to win. That mantra now also belongs to DeMarcus Cousins.

Like I said earlier, I don't blame the Warriors organization for this. They are excellent at what they do and how they run their team. I blame these chump players that have no inkling of competitive fire/spirit. It's just sad.

Reactions: Fighter

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The thing about this signing is that I don't have a problem with it from a GSW standpoint. The aim of managing a team is to always get better, and that's exactly what Bob Myers did. Kudos to him for that. The Warriors are running their franchise the right way.

My issue is with these players. Not just DeMarcus Cousins. With Kevin Durant. Role players get a lot more rope when jumping ship to a contender (David West, Nick Young, JaVale McGee, etc), but when a superstar does it... I don't know. It just doesn't feel right.

Kevin Durant, for me personally, will forever be the "if you can't beat em, join em" guy. The ultimate punk that needed to join a historic team to win. That mantra now also belongs to DeMarcus Cousins.

Like I said earlier, I don't blame the Warriors organization for this. They are excellent at what they do and how they run their team. I blame these chump players that have no inkling of competitive fire/spirit. It's just sad.

To be fair, Cousins is coming off of a major injury and being in Golden State gives him a great shot at resting and returning to his former self. I doubt he signs if he didn't have his injury. Durant on the other hand left OKC because he couldn't close out a 3-1 series lead and decided that it would be easier to just join Golden State rather then try to compete against them.

Reactions: zombie kopitar

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
NBA = WWE

Staged

Been like this for a long time, folks, but now everyone involved is really leaning into it.

Own what you are. In this case, entertainment with pre-determined results.

Donaghy, Jordan constant walks/"retirement," Ewing draft, LeBron lottery, Kyrie lottery, Davis lottery, LeBron 8-straight finals, Lonzo hype, etc.

The script-writing machine always working OT.

Don't forget the screw job of 2016 for the title

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
That Warriors lineup is going to be good, centre was a weakness for them last yr. and they go out and get 1 of the best ones in the league. Think they flirt with 82-0 next year depending on Cousins' injury.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That Warriors lineup is going to be good, centre was a weakness for them last yr. and they go out and get 1 of the best ones in the league. Think they flirt with 82-0 next year depending on Cousins' injury.

Not a chance. 1, Cousins is going to be out at least half the year and 2, more importantly, they are going to take nights off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad